User Tag List

Thread: Buncha random [beep] no one will do.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    93.97%

Buncha random [beep] no one will do.

Figured a little variety would be in order, borrowed from other games, since ZC has a shit enemy repertoire by default. And most scripts that exist are based on other zelda enemies. so why not enemies from other games? sorta. they're kinda generic but anyways:

spider: its basically a walker so maybe just a script that can make it hop short distances (think ropes dashing but not for the whole screen and faster). It has an attack animation and when it "attacks" it has a chance of inflicting poison. otherwise, simply touching it just does normal damage. it can also shoot webs in one of 8 directions (towards link obvs) which will first slow down link, and then immobilize him entirely. button-mashing will help free him sooner but otherwise it takes a bit longer. optionally, the spider will cling to link and do more damage.

wolf: maybe it can be 2 tiles long and still just 1 tall. but otherwise its also a walker that can lunge, but it can also run and outrun link. simply touching it won't hurt, but it'll also attack and have a chance to inflict bleed damage. that's pretty much it really.

true stalfos: it crumbles and you have to bomb it to death otherwise it'll come back. that's pretty much it.

deku baba: pops out of the ground and attacks link if hes in range. y'know how these go. with added effects like being able to spit fire or poison.

giga baba: like the huge ones in ocarina of time except they maybe have nearby vines that lunge at link too, and shoot/spawn spiders.

hive: spawns stingers until destroyed/killed.

stinger: giant bee sort of enemy that lunges at link and shoots poison at him. strafes in front of link a few tiles away before either lunging clear to the other side (to repeat) or just shoots poison at him. getting hit has a chance to inflict poison.

status effects: These would all be globals and each separate status effect would have 2 lists to itself: enemies that can inflict it (IDs), items that can cure it. Except for stun which could be inflicted by any enemy and isn't "curable"

aeroblight: damage dealt reduced by 25%, damage received increased 25% -- 10 seconds
    earthblight: -25% crit chance (that is, whimsical ring will not work 25% of the time) -- 15 seconds
    fireblight: x damage per second per second for y seconds . -- 10 seconds
    waterblight: items that use magic cost 2x more to use. -- 15 seconds
    Thunderblight: Increased susceptibility to being stunned -- 30 seconds
    Iceblight: Frozen in place, magic is drained x points per second per second for y seconds -- 9 seconds

Opposite elements have a chance to cancel each other out. Getting hit by the same thing twice adds to the timer beyond just refreshing it. i.e. max duration of fireblight is 19-20 seconds if hit twice with it. All of these, when from the corresponding attack/enemy have a 25% chance to happen.

Stun (able to be inflicted by any enemy): Unable to move or act if x damage is received in y or less seconds. lasts 5 seconds, 2 if you button-mash. or if you get hit by something that does more than a certain amount of damage. whenever the initial damage threshold is reached there is a 50% chance to be stunned, but the damage counter resets otherwise.
    Poison: x damage per second for y seconds. lasts 15 seconds.
    Bleed: random damage per second (between x and y inclusive) for z seconds. lasts random amount of time between 1-15 seconds. Chance to inflict a random disease (except 5)

Disease 1: max health -30%
    Disease 2: max magic -30%
    Disease 3: damage dealt -30%
    disease 4: damage received +30%
    disease 5: random combo of any of the above. it can be just one or all four at once. including doubles. can only be cured by a great fairy

They all last 5 minutes, except for the last one which lasts 10. They can all be cured with a potion.

This is all for now I know no one's gonna do it but I might as well write it all down.
    Last edited by Majora; 08-24-2012 at 06:24 PM.

Gel
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    39.68%
    I am new to ZC, so I apologize in advance for my ignorance.

Is it possible to make new enemies like that in the game? Does the program allow people to make new animations like the stuff you want the enemies to do? I don't know how to make this stuff, but I would if I knew how and I'd let other people use it too. I really want to learn how. I've only played the first quest, so I haven't seen what people are doing with the custom quests yet, but I've seen people in the forums making custom background tiles, like custom trees. If the people can make custom tiles, shouldn't they also be able to make custom enemies? I don't know how coding and scripting work or how games are made, but it seems like if the program allows you do add all those things to the game it should also allow you to add enemies too.

Do you think they will release a version of ZC that includes these sorts of new things, or will they just keep what they have for now? I think that other users would like the added variety and that it'll help them be more creative with their quests. They could take all of the items/backgrounds/enemies from every LoZ game and put them in ZC! That could be fun. That, or make there an option to make it a side-scroller.

Anyways, I hope someone makes all of the stuff you are talking about. It sounds fun. If I ever manage to learn how to code/script/make games for ZC I would want to have cooler newer stuff I could put into it.

The Artist Once Known As Old-Skool QDB Manager
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    33.54%
    Majora, on the subject of Stalfos, couldn't we call that "Stalfos (bomb)?" There is another type of Stalfos in the series which is much more common: some varieties of it act like Z1, but others will jump away from you and throw bones. Essentially, Z1's level 2 Stalfos but with something a little softer than sword beams.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    0.47%
    Heeey! Don't be bashing on the enemy editor! You just have to be a little inventive and you can do pretty much anything in it! For example, your collapsing stalfos idea is already possible...

1. Create a new walking enemy, and make it do everything you'd want your stalfos to do. Make it that apon death, it splits into a single "Collapsed Stalfos" enemy.
    2. Make the "Collapsed Stalfos" enemy motionless and immune to every weapon except fire and bombs. Make it so that after a short amount of time, it tribbles back into a normal stalfos.
    3. ???
    4. PROFIT!!

Thread Information