0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    99.6%
    Well, first thanks for the Warp ring thingy, it now really will help me! Also, I only want 3 pieces of Triforce, that's why I named my quest "The 3 Forces". Unles I can get a big tutorial of how to use scripts and make it were you only need 3 pieces, I need more details. Like, there are 3 dungeons towards the end of the game, so I just kind of want to make the traditional Zelda Triforce feel. Is there a way of doing that using scripts, cause I kind of want to use scripts in my game...

Mentioned
    150 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    1.42%
    There is a check box (well, two) in Quest->Rules->Items, about halfway down on the first tab, that says 'Big Triforce Pieces'. This combines pieces 1+2, 3+4, 5+6, and 7+8 into a single pickup (at least I think it works that way, I didn't have time to experiment with it).
    Immediately underneath that is another rule that says '3 or 6 Triforce Pieces' (or something similar).

With both of these checked, your quest will only track three pieces of Triforce, which sounds like what you wanted. I believe the piece your dungeon grants is based on its listed level, so you'll want to play around with that to make sure it works correctly.

I wish there were better tutorials available, but we're just starting to get this place back into working order. The Help option, though long to read, is a good place to check if you're stuck. It's not perfect, but it does have the descriptions of the various quest rules and combo types.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    24.9%
    Hey, LinkFan. Just wanted to let you know that you may want to take a look at the The Comprehensive ZQuest 2.50 Tutorial that Nick and myself have been working on. While it's not fully finished (we haven't gotten to more advanced 2.50 parts yet), it covers most of the basics for making a Z1-style game. :)
    LinktheMaster: Owner / former administrator of PureZC, a ZC fan site with resources and tutorials.
    Fairy Dream: A joint quest between Nick and myself. Check it out!
    Zelda Classic Manager: A Zelda Classic launcher and organizer.

Gel
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    99.6%
    Alright, I will defiantly check it out!!

Gel
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    99.6%
    Alright, I know how to do the warp things for the Triforce, and I know about having to use the fragments. Though, I can not figure out how to only use 3!! Also, I don't know how to make them fit perfectly in the Triforce area on the select screen. So, please don't mess with my quest if you plan on helping me, but I put a download below for my quest and I need someone to fix it to where you only need 3 to continue in the game, and where they fit perfectly in the select screen Triforce. So, if you can fix, I will love you forever (Just humor), and you will be put in my credits with a HUGE THANKS!!!!! Please help if you know what I mean, and if you want, you can have a look of what the quest looks like and stuff, JUST DON'T MESS WITH ANYTHING BUT THE TRIFORCE SITUATION!!!!

http://www.mediafire.com/download/zk...e_3_Forces.zip

On top of the world ShadowTiger's Avatar
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    60.35%
    Achievements It's over 9000!
    Probably best to unpassword it first.

Anyway, from the Wiki:

Big Triforce Pieces
    - The number of Triforce pieces needed is halved. See Level 9 Entrance.
    3 or 6 Triforce Total
    - The number of Triforce pieces needed is reduced from 8 to 6. If Big Triforce Pieces is also turned on, it is reduced from 4 to 3. See Level 9 Entrance.
    From there, it's a matter of seeing what happens with the Triforce Frame. You can also make your own graphic for the frame and for each piece that rests in that frame and go into the Subscreen editor. The rest is simple enough.

Gel
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    99.6%
    Thank you! I'll be messing with it and finally get the quest done!! I think I have no more questions, and want to thank ALL of you for the help!! You will all be in the credits, so be sure to check out my quest when it is done!
    Last edited by LinkFan212; 06-09-2013 at 06:20 PM.

Gel
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    99.6%
    Well, see now when I get the Triforce from the dungeon, on the select screen it doesn't show I have it, and I have done everything you said, what's the deal?

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    83.8%
    You would also need to go to the subscreen that you use in the menu Subscreen, Active Subscreen. Select Large Triforce frame, select your framing, and then the tilebox of the triforce pieces itself will get larger, and select a large triforce piece.
    The subscreen doesn't automatically update either, you have to do that yourself.

Gel
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    99.6%
    I'm stumped. I did everything you guys told me to do with the subscreen, and then when I collect a Triforce piece, nothing is there. Actually, at that when I do press enter, it turns into the passive subscreen, not active!! I have TRIPLED checked all the Dmaps to make sure they all are New B+A, for passive and active, still NOTHING. So can someone please just download the quest and show me what to do, the password FOR NOW is "wind waker", exactly like that...

Thread Information