User Tag List

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Dark Nation has gone to a better place....

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    84.54%
    I don't believe I had ever had a conversation with Greg.. Although being so computer-apt as he is, he was probably one of the people that watched over and responded to some of the stuff I was dilly dallying with over the years when it comes to ZC. Apparently I like the things that he had done for us all by developing this software.. I am grateful for it. He is an appreciated person, and I hope everyone who has/had a more direct role in his life all finds ways to live and love even through this loss.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    15 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    65.79%
    DN was actively working on ZC around the times when I was actively learning ZC and playing quests. I never had never communicated with him directly, but his work did directly affect my experience in this corner of the internet. It is thanks to DN and everyone else that has contributed to Zelda Classic in any way that I have been able to exercise my creativity in a way that I wouldn't have otherwise been able to. I am very thankful for this.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    66.94%
    I was thinking about DN over the weekend. He was always very supportive of my military career and even sent me PMs from time to time to see how I was doing. I'll always remember that and respect that. I also can't forget to respect the enormous amount of time and dedication he placed on the ZC project and the AGN community. He always seemed to find time to keep this project going, despite whatever else was going on in his life. I'll miss him and I'm sure the rest of the community will as well. Rest well, Dark Nation.
    Talga Vassternich -- Deserve Victory

--------------------------------------------------------

Check out my YouTube channel! I'm doing video game reviews and retrospectives from the NES/SNES eras.
    I also now have a webpage: www.braselthegamer.com
    Contributor for Gaming Rebellion! Columnist of the new series Breakdown!

Gel
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    67.14%
    I never really knew Dark Nation that well. As a lurker of the forums since early-mid 2011, it is very unfortunate to hear this news; seeing as a relative of mine had pneumonia and passed away on Thanksgiving of 2010. My condolences goes to his family, and may God bless them.

Wizrobe
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    92.89%
    I'm saddened to hear about his passing. I recall a few random chats with DN back when I frequented the IRC channel years ago and he was a very nice man. My thoughts go out to Cici and her family.

This community was a staple of my early adolescence which was brought to my attention to the greatness that is ZC and the hard work DN and the other devs put into it. For that I am always grateful and humbled to be part of something that has brought a lot of folks together.

Sidebar: I'd love to see some type of memorial added to ZC. That is an excellent idea.
    Last edited by Fiyerstorm; 01-07-2013 at 05:54 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    78.88%
    RIP old friend...

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    37.21%
    I read the email from War Lord a little while ago... I didn't really know what to expect upon opening it, but it turned out to be a shock to me and very sad to read that DN passed away. After Jer (Phantom Menace) stepped down as the lead developer for Zelda Classic, DN breathed new life into it and made for some exciting times. I never did get to meet him like I did several other members during one of the AGN conventions, but I wish I had. My best wishes are with his wife and family. You will be missed DN.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    91.14%
    Last few days to donate and help out his wife. Paypal to eBay (at) armageddongames.net. Pay as a gift to ensure no fees are taken by paypal.

I'll be mailing the check in a few days.

Octorok
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    86.69%
    Oh, my gosh. I didn't find out about this until just now. Zelda Classic was a big part of my stay here, and Dark Nation was a big part of Zelda Classic. I still remember his prank as Master Hacker. May he keep on his hacking in the next reality. My prayers go out to his wife and family.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    88.34%
    I just found out about this and I feel devastated. This is a huge loss for the ZC community.

I had some great chats with him and he always helped with ZC issues even though he was busy. He was a great great man.

To me Dark Nation = Zelda Classic
    --------------------
    "GET a stable version, THEN add more with the builds, DON'T just keep adding bloat to something that doesn't work already.
    Has common sense just left the building, or what?" -Freedom

Thread Information