User Tag List

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Dark Nation has gone to a better place....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    95%
    I don't recall many interactions with him, but I do appreciate the endless amounts of work he gave for all of us to enjoy ZC. It's sad to hear he's gone, he sounded like a great guy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    77.74%
    Very sad news. My thoughts are with his family and friends.

Developer
    ZC Developer
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    86.28%
    So sorry to hear Greg passed away. I'm also sorry I didn't know him better, and I appreciate the comments and memories you all have posted. My prayers are with Cici and their families.

It's hard to overstate DN's importance to ZC. We've all relied on him. He will be missed.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    65.85%
    I didn't know Dark Nation well, at all. I mostly just knew of him, and his work with Zelda Classic. When I first joined these forums I think ten years ago, he was one of the first people to help me get started with ZQuest. I really wish I would have gotten to know him better, reading through all these posts shows just what an incredible person he was, and how important he is to so many.

Octorok
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    79.69%
    Yes, I am another that did not know him well, yet, every few years, as a very novice player, when I had questions or got stuck he always did his best to help me. Thank you, I will be enternally grateful that he was instrumental in providing a place for me to get a Zelda fix.

My thoughts and prayers are with his family.

May he rest in peace.
    Jojo

Wizrobe
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    66.05%
    It does a sorrowful heart good to read such positive and happy memories of such a wonderful person as DN was. Keep all these good memories close to the heart. That will help make sure that he's always close as well. <hugs>
    If you love... love without reservation. If you fight... fight without fear.
    ST: If you're going to go the way of the ostrich and stick your head into the sand or up your butt and expect everything to go the way you had imagined it, you deserve your fate.

Honored Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    39.44%
    Thank you all for your kind words about Greg/DarkNation, I wish he could read all of this from heaven.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    94.03%
    Awesome guy. Like most others I didn't know him on a personal level. In fact the only interaction was checking for bugs in ZC I had previously reported. But he was diligent and awesome and he stuck with this hellish program for like a decade almost. The simple fact that he had such dedication makes it sad that he succumbed to nature's ravages. At least he is at peace now, his body to be returned to the earth and then into the cycle of life and death for living things around him. Perhaps it'd be comforting to some to think that he's "in a better place". Hard to imagine that a place ruled by the abrahamic god could be "better", but I digress.

DarkNation isn't truly gone. He lives in in the memories/minds of those who knew and loved him, as well as a good number of people on AGN and anywhere else he hung out at, both on and offline.

Since no one has any proof of any kind of actual afterlife, I'll just assume he's partaking in some version of the norse mythos where he's getting drunk and feasting in preparation for some grand cosmic battle a bajillion years from now. Much more interesting than the abrahamic mythos.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    27.53%
    So saddened by this. He was truly a great guy and I'm sorry that I never got the chance to meet him in person. I wholeheartedly agree that some sort of dedication to him in Zelda Classic would be nice as he put so much of his heart and soul into the game. I may not have known him as well as I would have liked, but I do know from our discussions about the game that he really cared about it and about making it as awesome as possible for everybody who played it and he worked so hard to make that goal a reality.
    You could no more evade my wrath than you could your own shadow...

Gel
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    69.24%
    As a long time "lurker" (as most would refer me as) and long time fan of the site, I am sad that this turns out to be my first post on the forum.

My heartfelt condolences to his family and friends.

Thread Information