3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    36.31%
    OH MY GOODNESS, CONGRATULATIONS for all the hard work from all over the 8 long years of developing the 2.5 release! I bet the Mayans did predict the ZC 2.5 final release. I want to give you the biggest thank you for the perseverance to make it finally happen! It's definitely a Christmas present for everyone!

Merry Christmas everyone and a happy new year!

Lynel
    ZC Developer
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    10.34%
    *randomly checks site for first time in years*

Oh hey, I didn't think this was ever going to happen :)

Way to go guys! I might have to get back into ZC now...
    Tale of the Cave - a web comic - Updates Monday, Wednesday, Friday
    ZC Tutorials - Tutorials and Script Library - Updated July 30, 2008
    ZeldaGuard - Corruption in my save files? It's more likely than you think!
    I do script requests!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    25.96%
    Holy shit. Well done guys

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    55.13%
    Wow, a stable release hasn't occurred since I first discovered ZC. Congrats!

Keese
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    47.24%
    Can't use the options bar to "goto map" I got map count but not goto map.

Octorok
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    56.41%
    BUG
    Eppy's LP made me aware, then I tested it for myself:
    If the "first enemy carries item" enemy flag and "hide enemy carried items" quest rule are checked, and all enemies onscreen are splitting type, then the "first enemy" WON'T drop the item, rather it will appear at the chosen item spot when all enemies are killed.
    This makes some quests unbeatable, including the one Eppy played. Not many place the item destination square anywhere when they check the first enemy to carry the item for not all know the dangers of not doing so.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    93.96%
    There are other ways to make the "first enemy" fail to drop its item--even in the original LoZ this can happen--and not placing the flag is a design error not a bug in the program. Sure, it's not a very common issue, but when using those flags there needs to be a failsafe. It's in the same category as making a dungeon where keys can be used out of order and doing so makes it unclearable: that is, quest-maker fault.

Gel
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    38.97%
    Greetings, I'm new to the forum, so I'm not sure where to post this, but I think it's either a bug or some idiotic mistake I'm making. I am not a technical guy by any means, so if its an ignorant mistake don't criticize.

After getting a little ways in a custom quest, Lost Isle (I can't say if it is this particular quest's fault or not) ZC says the saved file was found, but could not be opened and that if the problem persists, totally erase the saved data. Problem is, once this happens I don't even have the option of playing any quest, custom or otherwise until I destroy all my data. This has happened twice now. All attempts to search the forum and google for a solution have failed. Any suggestions?

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    83.51%
    Quote Originally Posted by Ventus View Post
    Well, Like I said before its still glitchy on Windows 8, I made a video to show what it does.

Just out of curiosity, and since I don't have Windows 8, (I run 7), does any of that happen when ran in the Windowed style? I used to have problems with the Full Screen only that never happened when ran in Windowed, which was alright to me because the graphics look better in Windowed style anyway. I don't know what exactly caused those issues since it seems the way the program runs would be the exact same except for the graphics display resolution itself, but I used to get multiple bugs happening only in Full Screen mode. Then about 3 years ago I started running ZC and ZQuest only in Windows mode unless I needed a fraps video, which for some reason also only works in Full Screen. So there is actually a slight difference in priority with Windows that tells the computer's graphics display and other things that ZC is running on Full Screen that do not apply to Windowed version.

Quote Originally Posted by CastChaos View Post
    BUG
    Eppy's LP made me aware, then I tested it for myself:
    If the "first enemy carries item" enemy flag and "hide enemy carried items" quest rule are checked, and all enemies onscreen are splitting type, then the "first enemy" WON'T drop the item, rather it will appear at the chosen item spot when all enemies are killed.
    This makes some quests unbeatable, including the one Eppy played. Not many place the item destination square anywhere when they check the first enemy to carry the item for not all know the dangers of not doing so.
    Yeah, I'd agree that's a design error, not a bug. Sounds like asking for trouble: "First enemy carries item"+the enemy doesn't actually die when it's killed=bad idea.

Quote Originally Posted by An one View Post
    Greetings, I'm new to the forum, so I'm not sure where to post this, but I think it's either a bug or some idiotic mistake I'm making. I am not a technical guy by any means, so if its an ignorant mistake don't criticize.

After getting a little ways in a custom quest, Lost Isle (I can't say if it is this particular quest's fault or not) ZC says the saved file was found, but could not be opened and that if the problem persists, totally erase the saved data. Problem is, once this happens I don't even have the option of playing any quest, custom or otherwise until I destroy all my data. This has happened twice now. All attempts to search the forum and google for a solution have failed. Any suggestions?
    I think this is probably the wrong thread to post this on.. however since I'm not a mod on agn I can't move it to where it belongs. I had this message occur before and closed and opened ZC once or twice and it worked fine. Are you using the right version of ZC in the first place? Lost Isle was made on 2.5 and needs 2.5 to be played. The newest release should work for that. Since it's only happened twice I'm assuming you weren't too far into the game. I would recommend redownloading the current ZC and make sure you unzipped/extracted the files to a new folder before playing the game. ZC will run from the .zip file on the newer versions of Windows but there would be problems with writing to the folder after that.

Oh, and HIP HIP HORRAY!

Gibdo
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    92.48%
    Quote Originally Posted by Zim View Post
    Just out of curiosity, and since I don't have Windows 8, (I run 7), does any of that happen when ran in the Windowed style?
    It use to run pretty good in Windowed mode, But something I did made it where it won't run at all. Its no biggie really. I just manged to get ZC to run on my laptop.
    Which runs it fine.

So I'm going to wait to try to get ZC to work on 8 at least till I get my new rig built where I can have a nice new refreshed Windows.

Thread Information