Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    39.13%
    Quote Originally Posted by Zim View Post
    I think this is probably the wrong thread to post this on.. however since I'm not a mod on agn I can't move it to where it belongs. I had this message occur before and closed and opened ZC once or twice and it worked fine. Are you using the right version of ZC in the first place? Lost Isle was made on 2.5 and needs 2.5 to be played. The newest release should work for that. Since it's only happened twice I'm assuming you weren't too far into the game. I would recommend redownloading the current ZC and make sure you unzipped/extracted the files to a new folder before playing the game. ZC will run from the .zip file on the newer versions of Windows but there would be problems with writing to the folder after that.

Oh, and HIP HIP HORRAY!
    I unzipped the files long before I heard of Lost Isle, and it is version 2.50, latest release. And when I say the message appeared twice, I mean I had to actually delete my files twice. It pops up every single time I try to run ZC. At this point, I can't play it at all, custom quest or otherwise.

Gibdo
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    92.53%
    @An one
    I don't know if you want to or not. But if you want to play Lost Isle perfectly and don't have to worry about ZC 2.5 Stable deleting the save file. You could always try playing this version.
    http://koti.welho.com/pranta18/index.htm
    Last edited by Ventus; 01-22-2013 at 05:10 PM.

Gel
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    39.13%
    Thank you Ventus. That explains it pretty perfectly. So I guess this issue with save files won't be an issue in the future. Thanks again!

Gel
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    6.51%
    Hi guys.
    I'm starting to learn quest development.

I'm running Zelda Classic 2.50 on a laptop with windows 7, but i have 2 problems.
    1) The settings of ZC doesn't persist, each time i load ZC (directly or via Zlaucher) i loose the keyconfig changes. I have to reconfigure the keys each time i run the program. This doesn't change even if I run it "as administrator".

2)In Zlaucher i choose bigger sizes of window, but it never scales the program, it always runs in the smaller size, no matter if it is windowed or fullscreen, is always in the 600*400. This doesn't change even if I run it "as administrator".

Any solution to this.

Keese
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    47.35%
    Hey, could we have maybe Zelda Classic on the Wii, like a version that plays quest v2.5 and older?

These quests are fun and to play them on my tv without having to move my PC and hook it up would be pretty convenent for some of us. You can just sit in the living room and not in a small stuffy bedroom or home office.
    Last edited by Joe_Cracker; 07-25-2014 at 02:42 PM. Reason: I wanted to specify more

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    42.57%
    Quote Originally Posted by Megalosaurus View Post
    Hi guys.
    I'm starting to learn quest development.

I'm running Zelda Classic 2.50 on a laptop with windows 7, but i have 2 problems.
    1) The settings of ZC doesn't persist, each time i load ZC (directly or via Zlaucher) i loose the keyconfig changes. I have to reconfigure the keys each time i run the program. This doesn't change even if I run it "as administrator".

2)In Zlaucher i choose bigger sizes of window, but it never scales the program, it always runs in the smaller size, no matter if it is windowed or fullscreen, is always in the 600*400. This doesn't change even if I run it "as administrator".

Any solution to this.
    DXGL is a solution for Windows users that seems to work for a lot of people. Just follow the short instructions in this post.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe_Cracker View Post
    Hey, could we have maybe Zelda Classic on the Wii, like a version that plays quest v2.5 and older?

These quests are fun and to play them on my tv without having to move my PC and hook it up would be pretty convenent for some of us. You can just sit in the living room and not in a small stuffy bedroom or home office.
    There have been many discussions on this topic. A more recent topic on the matter

tl;dr: There are plans to port ZC to the Wii as well as mobile phones. This is currently not possible, however, due to ZC's dependency on Allegro 4.

Thread Information