User Tag List

Thread: Problem with 4-way ladder with diagonal movement turned on.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    52.02%

Problem with 4-way ladder with diagonal movement turned on.

I should have mentioned this, but, when diagonal movement is on, there is one minor issue with the 4-way ladder. If Link uses the 4-way ladder on a solid ladder only combo, ladder/hookshot combo, or water combo, and he steps onto the combo from the left or the right, he can step off the ladder in any direction except up, unless he steps onto it at the very top pixels. Yet, if he steps onto the combo from the top or the bottom, he can step off in all 4 directions.

PS: Yes, I must admit, although I use diagonal movement regularly, it can be a bit buggy.

Example quest:
    http://webzoom.freewebs.com/xmuppets...s/bosstest.qst

NOTE: There is one screen that uses solid and walkable water combos and one screen that uses ladder/hookshot, ladder only, and hookshot only combos.
    Last edited by XMuppetSB; 12-21-2012 at 11:27 AM.

Is this the end?
    ZC Developer
    Mentioned
    178 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    69.42%
    This is kind of annoying, but damned if I can tell how to fix it. The ladder's a complete mess. I'll try a bit more, though.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    52.02%
    Speaking of the ladder being a complete mess, if Diagonal Movement is turned off, then Link uses the Ladder at every step in Sideview Gravity, whereas if Diagonal Movement is turned on, then the only times he use the Ladder in Sideview Gravity is when trying to walk upwards or when crossing over a gap.

Mentioned
    152 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    51.59%
    Quote Originally Posted by XMuppetSB View Post
    Speaking of the ladder being a complete mess, if Diagonal Movement is turned off, then Link uses the Ladder at every step in Sideview Gravity, whereas if Diagonal Movement is turned on, then the only times he use the Ladder in Sideview Gravity is when trying to walk upwards or when crossing over a gap.
    Hasn't it been stated that Sideview Gravity was offered "as is." I think the ladder(IMHO one of the dumbest, most useless items) would be better scripted for sideview than built in.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    52.02%
    Not as far as I know. And speaking of Sideview Gravity:
    zelda021.png
    This here is a sideview gravity screen. Here' you'll see combos whose top half is solid and bottom half is walkable. Well, here's the case if at least the top half of one combo is solid, and the bottom half of the combo above it is walkable while its top half is solid:
    If Diagonal Movement is on, Link can walk through the bottom half of the combo and he can jump up to the top of that combo as if it were a 1-way platform, but he cannot step onto the combo at all if Diagonal Movement is off.
    Last edited by XMuppetSB; 12-27-2012 at 07:43 PM.

Thread Information