Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    64.94%
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris Miller View Post
    If anybody's interested, Crimson Echoes, the most massive Chrono Trigger hack ever, is not dead by any means. I won't give you the link because the rom's on the main site, but look up Flames of Eternity on Google.

Not only is the hack basically finished, and much-refined over the beta version we saw on Youtube, there's a modified version of ZSNES that comes with it, with mp3 music tracks. They're still adding new stuff to it, but you can play it from beginning to end as it is now.
    No shit? That's awesome, I had heard it was cancelled a few years ago.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    32.06%
    I scanned this thread and noticed no one mentioned the fan game Super Mario Bros. Crossover I could be wrong but here is the link.
    http://www.explodingrabbit.com/games...bros-crossover

Karate guys for cash. Aegix Drakan's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    35.37%
    What's this?! A Fangame Thread? And SRB2 isn't in here?! Sacrilege!

SRB2 (Or Sonic Robo Blast 2, if you insist), is an attempt to create a game that feels closer to the series traditional platforming roots in the Doom Engine.

And it does so pretty well. The game is fantastic. Especially after their most recent big update. They revamped a lot of the old levels, and turned the old special stages into NiGHTS Into Dreams gameplay. It's a blast.

And if you're into multiplayer, it can do that. You can play online/LAN/Splitscreen either in a race or Co-op though the main story (and yes, Tails can still airlift Sonic), and there's also FPS deathmatch and CTF modes where you hurl various types of rings at each other.

Finally, there's a great mod community for it. I just recently poked around in the mod section and found not only a level select mod that basically IS a level, but I also found a character who changes abilities completely at random on every respawn, which is a lot of fun for a veteran player like me.

It's here:
    https://www.srb2.org/

--
    Also, do RPGmaker games count?

Because I wouldn't mind plugging my own game in there. XD

Quote Originally Posted by mitsymckenzie777 View Post
    I scanned this thread and noticed no one mentioned the fan game Super Mario Bros. Crossover I could be wrong but here is the link.
    http://www.explodingrabbit.com/games...bros-crossover
    Ohh, that's a pretty fun one too.
    Quote Originally Posted by phattonez
    AGN is not meant for people who have lives. Come back home, turn the lights off and stare in awe at the glow that comes from the monitor.
    Do you enjoy challenging RPGs? Do you enjoy dark storylines? You'll like my game. Go on, it's not very long.
    You can download my game for free right here!
    Feedback on it would be nice. It'll help with future projects.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    45.72%
    Mega Man Unlimited and Mega Man Rock Force are two amazing Mega Man fan games.
    My upcoming Mega Man: Revenge of the Fallen will be yet another one to add to the list. Good stuff for MM fans!

EDIT: Quad 4's! Hells yes!
    "If anybody says him/her/it without defining what they're talking about, the conversation is automatically about my p.e.n.i.s. :-D" - Wild Bill
    "Design ideas come to me during fetid fits of masturbation." - C-Dawg
    "I want to give NoeL a blowjob! ^_^" - Peteo
    "The magic boob should be mine any minute!" - Koopa
    "Suicide is the most sincere form of self-criticism" - My Film Professor

Gibdo
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    92%
    I recently come across this romhack. http://acmlm.kafuka.org/board/thread.php?id=7308&page=1 ( The Legend of Link v1.6) Its in beta but its pretty neat. Its a heavily ASM scripted Hack of The original Legend of Zelda on the nes.
    I haven't played through it much but I have looked at it and its pretty neat.

How many licks to get to the center Chris Miller's Avatar
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    37.91%
    I played a really great Mega Man 4 hack called Rockman 4 Minus Infinity. It's hard as heck, but if you're a really good Mega Man player, you can't go wrong. I don't think anyone's ever added this much to a rom hack before and made it all work so seamlessly.

Download Lands of Serenity today! You will be knocked comatose by its sheer awesomeness.
    The Titan's Quest, best played in the bathroom as the excitement can be somewhat...overwhelming.

Official AGN Discord Channel

Official ZC Dev Discord Channel

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    62.83%
    Speaking of Doom engine mods and Mega Man games, here's another one that falls into both categories: Mega Man 8-Bit Deathmatch. It's basically your standard first-person shooter, but with Mega Man weapons and support items instead. (It's also a complete conversion, a standalone game, so you don't need to have the original Doom games to play MM8BDM.) So far, weapons and items from the classic and Game Boy Mega Man series (up to Mega Man & Bass chronologically) have been implemented into the game. There's also several mods downloadable off the cutstuff.net forums such as a co-op mission mode, roboenza (zombies) mode, classes mode, and an expansion that adds weapons and maps from the popular Rockman 2 ROM hack Rockman no Constancy. It's a pretty cool game if you like FPSes. Or Mega Man. Or both. :p

Another Metroid 2 Remake: This one is also quite good. It's, as the name implies, a remake of Metroid 2: Return of Samus, except done in the style of the Game Boy Advance Metroid games. It's not complete yet, but about 1/3 of the game has been done in the current demo (up to area 4). It's got some nice new stuff: shiny new control scheme, new boss fights, areas Samus scans when initially entering that you can read up on...good stuff. :3

The guys over at http://toppler.sourceforge.net/ have made a rather nice remake of Tower Toppler/Nebulus/Castelian, which was an old game involving a frog-like dude climbing up a rotating tower (or, at least, rotating from the player's perspective) while avoiding and/or kicking balls at various blocks, bigger balls, robots, and other weird floaty dudes. It's even got a full-featured level editor so you can make your own levels and level packs, though said editor's features all work by keyboard input, so you'll be consulting that keyboard shortcut help menu quite a lot at first. :p

The Bub's Brothers: Okay. So...imagine if Bubble Bobble was programmed in Python, ran a server from your web browser which supported 10 players over the internet, and had loads of strange items with weird effects (from rewinding time to creating a kajillion clones of yourself to turning you into a sheep at the end of the level and making you lose all the points you got during that level). You get this game. It's great fun. :3 (Though I have been getting this weird glitch ever since running it on my new computer, where it randomly closes itself. Wonder if Windows 8.1 doesn't like it or something...:s)

Pac-Man Tribute Project: This guy has created a quite accurate HTML5 rendition of Pac-Man, Ms. Pac-Man, Crazy Otto, and a new variant called Cookie-Man, which plays like Ms. Pac, but uses randomly generated mazes, instead of the tired old four. The only things missing are sound and compatibility with patterns, and those will probably never be added, the former because it'd probably summon the Kopyrite Kops from Namco, and the latter because it would require actually using the original game's code to seed the random number generator. There are also a few added features, such as a mode where you can learn how the ghosts behave (complete with markers to show where their targets are located), the famous speedup hack, and a new practice mode where you can select your starting level (with no apparent upper limit...seriously, I checked to see if 65535 was the limit, and when I saw that it wasn't, I quit while I was ahead D:) and use various cheats, such as half-speed and invincibility (explained on the page the initial link of this paragraph goes to). All in all, it's a pretty fun time.
    "Walking around naked is a health issue. Forinstance, if you walk around naked and aren't a hot woman, people like me are a threat to your health when we start shooting at you."
    -Mottzilla

Here lies mero. Died by his own dumbassitude.
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    13.96%
    Super Marisa World
    not just a mario world hack either but aWhole new game

Mentioned
    219 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    33.76%
    Two of my personal favorites: Super Metroid Justin Bailey and Chrono Trigger RT. There are others I have played but these two have always been on my ZSNES list.
    Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

Gibdo
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    64.85%
    Dragoon X Omega II (I know, it's a mouthful) is a fantastic hack of Final Fantasy for the NES. Complete overhaul; all new graphics, enemies, storyline, equipment etc. Basically, everything was stripped down to the engine and built back up from scratch.

Screenies:

Author's website:
    https://sites.google.com/site/panicus/

IPS patch:
    https://sites.google.com/site/panicu...attredirects=0
    Last edited by firebug; 11-02-2015 at 01:03 AM.
    "In a democracy, majority rules. The majority of people are stupid. You do the math."

Thread Information