Alright then. Gonna just go with how FF would of done them if the old SNES carts had more room : http://www.gamefaqs.com/ps/197343-fi...iii/faqs/58936
Weakness: < 0%
Resist: > 0%
Absorb: > 100%
Status Imunity: 0 - 100%
That should be able to reproduce any other system without much trouble. It's also conceivable to rewrite the damage formulas and use something other than percentages too I guess...

Quote Originally Posted by Imzogelmo View Post
2. Multi-elemental attacks: Again, noting the 'first match wins' standard, if a theoretical attack were to be flagged with fire and ice, and it hits a target with fire absorb and ice weakness, what should happen? In FF6, the full spell power would be absorbed by the target, as absorb has priority. It's conceivable to have it grant (2+(-4))/2 = 1/2 spell damage to the target by using multiples of 0.5 for each element involved. How do we handle multi-elementals, that is the question.
Yeah that's a good one. .. I don't know. I guess everyone would do it differently, but I might do something like this
-Calculate damage
-for each % of element split the damage into that many parts and modify them based on target defense for that type.
-add them back together again.

Also what do you mean all three? ..All of them?