User Tag List

View Poll Results: How great do you believe Link jousting on a skateboard is?

Voters
9. You may not vote on this poll
  • Super great, I love it so much that I peed myself.

5 55.56%
  • Really great, I didn't want to put the controller down.

2 22.22%
  • It's one of those things that I overlook because "the reason."

2 22.22%
  • It makes me vomit like comet and nothing gets clean.

0 0%
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: tLoZ: Dawn of Minora

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    83.91%
    In any case it's still a Zelda game at this point though, although that scrolling snippet fornula could be used in just about any game engine to link screens together with slight modification.. i.g. using a variable for bmp sizes where it says 256 and 176 to draw bmp of any size on the screen as they are needed.

I actually published it as is so other makers could use it... All the other details about enemy patterns and stuff are their choice anyway.. also, it could even use ghost.z like I described if someone were careful enough with the modding.

Next year though I'm planning to make the Zelda and Ganon chars dissapear and give those abilities back to Link, making the "wolf" transformation for lunging instead of Ganon, and bring the "bunny hood" to ZC, because Zelda's faster running is basically the same thing.
    Last edited by Zim; 08-08-2013 at 05:59 PM.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    83.91%
    Posting about the lock-on targeting and missile launcher a few quick notes for coders out there that may have used it..

If someone were to make a dummy missile path with the exact proportionate velocity of the script using a lerp code multiplied by some number in order to check for a collision with the target npc or Link, for a baddie using the missile, and compensate for the way that the dummy path would possibly miss the target for to the speed of the missile check going past Link in one frame by making a dummy collision circle on the target expanded by the size of the total distance the dummy missile moves in one frame, in order to check for a cleared path for the actual missile upon launch, since it should obviously donate on collision with a solid and no-one wants that, the npc or Link would have to dodge or take cover after launch, and the npc would never fire else-wise, and link could have a green ridicule for clear path and red for collision with obstacles..

:)

I'll get back to actually doing this myself later, but thought I'd post it here just to share the idea in case someone else might like it and make sure i is somewhere I'll notice later.

Doing this for all three targets seems like it would be best, although applicability wise I'm thinking an a.i. to not fire at random mostly.

After this check, of it fails, the npc is to check at x amount of points around itself at n amount of intervals in z distances for possible routes to obtain a clear shot, possibly considering other factors like what weapons Link has used in the battle, are currently equipped, or otherwise are known to the a.i. as per storyline, so as to avoid imminent danger to itself in the meanwhile. This is going to be subject to how much code ZC can handle on the system without slow down.
    Last edited by Zim; 07-31-2014 at 11:22 AM.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    83.91%
    Sounds, quiet ones, for grass stepping, other movements, etc., and npc that hear it within x distance, and move to the most nearby wall to take cover, then peek around the corner to obtain visual, then run at Link. They will also be alerted by sounds from other npcs that aren't within vision and do the same thing to them. Sometimes attacking if a different type of npc.

Random encounters of npc battling each other and changing target to Link if he intervenes.
    Sometimes, depending on npc type and/or circumstance, both, all, or some of the npcs react to Link's hostility by attacking him, other times some of them take the opportunity to flee, act as if Link has rescued them and desist violent behavior, or continue attacking their previous target with Link.
    Of course Link will be looking for items to loot and battle experience, so he will have to be very selective about what to do. Some npcs are looters themselves, so he's going to prefer to be in the action mostly, but sometimes it might be beneficial to observe and time his participation accordingly. Battle points will not be given for npc vs.npc deaths, and a counter for each npc that keeps track of damage done by Link will diminish the amount of bp Link gets proportionate to that of counter if not 100%,, yet the multiplier for on-screen enemies will remain in effect. Most npcs will never respawn quickly, and some won't at all unless a pair are left alive.

Standard elemental damage/defense stuff will still be implemented, and also have a role in npc-types conflict with each other in some areas, especially where climate change is a factor where hotter enemies meet cold ones that would extinguish their fire, and the fire would melt the ice the cold ones are used too, making either irritated or otherwise in harm's way, and other similar circumstance, like a lava ridden monster encountered by a dry plant.
    Of course, some of the npcs will be hunting for food, predator style, and most will have a hunger counter, at least all of the more mobile types that are not fixed in the ground or otherwise fed through some other magical means.

Some "dungeons" are going to be only possible to gain access to their areas with help from npcs, possibly by alternate means upon obtaining skills and items, skills with items, etc. and as the title might suggest, the timeline will reset in the event that the circumstance Link gets himself into prevents him from moving on.
    This will also, since this game is not going to be a three day time span dependant on Link saving a town with a terminal condition via Majora, make way for an almost endless amount of possible opportunities for Link to explore involving waiting around with limited npc involvement except for slight level ups after days, weeks, or even years for them to spawn, and maybe even evolve. For example also, a man might appear from it off town on day 5 only if Link doesn't progress through the storyline to x dungeon because he can't yet, but does have the item he obtained from a dungeon he couldn't get to until day 6.
    Last edited by Zim; 07-31-2014 at 01:15 PM.

Thread Information