User Tag List

View Poll Results: What should it be called?

Voters
37. You may not vote on this poll
  • Final Fantasy Classic

26 70.27%
  • Final Fantasy Regenesis

0 0%
  • Final Fantasy Catastrophe

2 5.41%
  • A play on words like "Beginning Reality" or something...

5 13.51%
  • Other (Don't use FF in the title)

4 10.81%
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: Final Fantasy Classic?

I shall exalt myself over all Armagedddon Games bigjoe's Avatar
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    93.02%
    Perhaps, since Final Fantasy Catastrophe got second place, it could be the name for a demo game or something..

Final Fantasy:Catastrophe .. sounds rawr.

Anyway, will the battle sequences pull heavily from script related resources? I had an idea for a Dragoon/Ninja hybrid type class that has a 1/16th to 1/4th (depending on level) chance of starting the battle by landing a jump on one of the enemies.(Kind of similar to how when you're on that big airship in FF3J you get cannon fire at the start of battles.)

Other than that, how will the graphics and in game data be handled? I think part of what contributed to ZC's success was that resources provided for it are able to be handled in a largely internal way. So that all you have to do is load a file and you're ready to design. Are you going to go for something similar here?

Mentioned
    150 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    0.96%
    I am just as interested as bigjoe in combat-timed event scripting. I take it that there will be some sort of 'turn order' variable, which we could reference with a 'battle' script to determine when an action occurs.

I'm also curious how scripting will be integrated into menu options, such as the ability to script custom !Action commands in the battle menu or the ability to script custom sub-menus in the inventory (I've got an idea for a variant of the FF12 Gambit system that sets up auto-battle flow-logic for each character).

But I'm probably prying at something that hasn't come up yet, so sorry if this is too soon to ask.

The Time-Loop Continues ZC Developer
    Mentioned
    259 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    23.44%
    You guys hit the nail pretty much on-the-head. I'm not exactly sure how those are going to work since they haven't been designed yet. The best thing to do would be to tell me how they should work, or, how you want them to work.

Quote Originally Posted by bigjoe View Post
    Anyway, will the battle sequences pull heavily from script related resources? I had an idea for a Dragoon/Ninja hybrid type class that has a 1/16th to 1/4th (depending on level) chance of starting the battle by landing a jump on one of the enemies.(Kind of similar to how when you're on that big airship in FF3J you get cannon fire at the start of battles.)?
    This is exactly the sort of thing that tells me the majority (if not all) of game logic should be scripted. (It's the only true way to ensure 100% of the game can be editable.)
    This post contains the official Gleeok seal of approval. Look for these and other posts in an area near you.

Mentioned
    150 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    0.96%
    Did this project get abandoned? I understand if it did, but it looked really promising.

The Time-Loop Continues ZC Developer
    Mentioned
    259 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    23.44%
    We've all just been really busy lately with RL but it's not dead yet. :)

The most time consuming parts have been adding scripting, making it data-driven, and getting all the FF1 data into usable formats. Unfortunately, none of these things can be played. :\
    This post contains the official Gleeok seal of approval. Look for these and other posts in an area near you.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    50.53%
    Projects are not dead unless the desire for them dies, but it's important for people to know these things take time, there are just many things that slow a project down, the obvious being rl. Keep up the good work.

But be wary though, square might not be as favourable as Nintendo, and a FinalFantasy Classic may become a bigger problem than Zeldaclassic.

Mentioned
    150 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    0.96%
    Quote Originally Posted by Gleeok View Post
    We've all just been really busy lately with RL but it's not dead yet. :)

The most time consuming parts have been adding scripting, making it data-driven, and getting all the FF1 data into usable formats. Unfortunately, none of these things can be played. :\
    Ah. Sorry, I wasn't meaning to intrude, I just wanted to know if it was a hiatus or a cease.

Gel
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    67.14%
    Gleeok this sounds awesome; and is something I would definitely be very interested in.

Octorok
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    55.45%
    If this would be like ZC, it would be a true dream. I mean, putting combos onscreen from a sidebar, having lots of editors with text boxes and pull down menus...
    But if it requires scripting to make anything else than a FF1 copy, then there's already RPG Maker out there for that. I'd like to create new elements with drop down menus and text boxes (like the enemy editor in ZC), maybe even skipping the usual elements and being creative with my own set, each having enemies weak to, strong to, immune to it, absorbing it, being fully healed or insta-killed by it/them.

I understand if this starts out small and just eventually grows (preferably like ZC in its first 6 years, not so bug-riddenly fast as ZC did since 2006-2007), but what about commands like style, morph, throw, throw money, mime, etc?

This would make certain quests be possible. Certain, that are kinda hard in ZC, like one that would rely on functional party members and arbitrary number of new spells/attacks.

I'd love the name, Final Fantasy Classic, especially to alliterate with Zelda Classic, but SquareEnix do shoot down projects with FF or Chrono in the title... And this is certain.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    63.38%
    I'd be more interested in a Zelda 2 Classic, but I must admit I would encourage you guys either way.

Thread Information