User Tag List

View Poll Results: What should it be called?

Voters
37. You may not vote on this poll
  • Final Fantasy Classic

26 70.27%
  • Final Fantasy Regenesis

0 0%
  • Final Fantasy Catastrophe

2 5.41%
  • A play on words like "Beginning Reality" or something...

5 13.51%
  • Other (Don't use FF in the title)

4 10.81%
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9

Thread: Final Fantasy Classic?

Gel
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    14.8%
    Okay so where are you with FFC @Gleeok ? and on a totally different subject, has anyone put together a mobile player for ZC, so we can download and play people's games on our phones and tablets
    " For me its really about telling great stories, and for another person to be able not only to read them in a sense but essentially live out my stories through the format of an action adventure RPG..... For me.... not much can compare! well "

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    66.77%
    @KlonoaDreamer On the topic of a mobile player, I haven't seen anything yet, but I haven't been around for a few years. I did manage to get the old DOS version of 1.90 working on my phone in DOSBox Turbo earlier today ago though. I even got it to stop crashing when Link holds up an item (so far, needs testing on custom quests and stuff to be 100% sure). Better than nothing I guess. I tried 2.10 but it hangs after entering a file name and never comes back. I'll have to see what I can do for that one. 2.10 on the go wouldn't be all that terrible if it worked at a playable speed.
    Current Projects: None. Might do something if I ever have the free time again.

Mentioned
    219 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    33.53%
    There was something I wanted to mention here: first of all, I have seen multiple versions of FF clones (from 1-V) made on various RPG Maker (mainly 2K3, and VX) and I think they captured the spirit of the games failry well. Much as this project, if completed, will do.

That said, I have to point our my problems with RPG Makers (the ones I have used). They do not seem to implement a common thing in most of the later FF titles, which is the ability to cast certain spells at one or multiple enemies. In most FF games (the first one being the only exception that presently comes to mind), you could cast most elemental-based spells--let's say Blizzara for example--on one single enemy or the entire enemy party, at your option. RPG Maker doesn't seem to allow this--you have to make a separate spell to target multiple enemies, which can really bog down a character's spell list. I have to say that I have not had the opportunity to use VX so I don't know if this feature was implemented in that one.

My other problem with RPG Maker was the difficulty I encountered in trying to use music files from outside the games included files. In some cases the files would not show up on the list at all, and in others, they would show up but not play.

Anyway, just my two cents.
    Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

Thread Information