Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    50.53%

The Quest Players Handbook

I want to begin a job creating the Quest Players Handbook designed get more people into playing Zeldaclassic Quests, and thus leading more people back to our forums here at AGN and perhaps attract more people to Zeldaclassic itself.

I rejoined AGN and made this place Souls of Wisdom exclusive to help bring the popularity back into this place, and I have been talking to few of the big names here about it. But I am seeing something that's kind of outside the box that's actually flawed about the AGN revival.

The current revival plain flaw: We aren't aiming high enough, and are actually not aiming at all to get our product back into popularity.

It's not AGN that has the problem now today, it's that there are so many Zelda fans today that don't have a clue what Zeldaclassic is, and when they do hear of us, they are completely overwhelmed by the quest database. There are simply just way too many quests, and the top 10 section in the database doesn't quite seem to be doing its justice anymore.

I was starting to believe that AGN's problem was the decreased popularity of Zelda itself, but not quite so, as Zelda is still one of the most popular franchises of all time that's still gaining new fans.

I simply don't think Zeldaclassic is recognized in most popular Zelda sites "fan game" sections. Why not? That's what we provide, Zelda fan games, and by far, we are close to the best Zelda fan games can get.

And than there is the fact that we are so overwhelming with an abundant amount of quests, we simply don't have the resources to lead people in the right direction.

I believe what we need is a type of wiki page that is simple, and will guide newbies where they need to go, that can be accessed on the main page of zeldaclassic.com

I also believe we need to pitch something new, be it just a statement that screams "Zelda fans will absolutely love Zeldaclassic". I believe with the right approach, we can bring popularity back here. Because I'm certain we wont get that from purezc because purezc has its strength from its community which is not like a family, they are too loyal to purezc, and with good reason. But if we overlook the fact they have more activity, we'll notice very fast that they aren't gaining anymore attention from new members than we are, which proves that we need a Zeldaclassic revival, not an AGN forums revival.

Can I get any agreements here? :)

Armageddon Task Manager

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    11.77%
    I'll put more later, but for now, just this thought--it's been slow going.

I know a lot of it is kind of behind the scenes, but we're still hard at work. We're always open to suggestions and help from anybody that has the means/know how to do so.

<SUCCESSOR> Its Shadowblazer's dark essence invading the forums

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    50.53%
    I plan on in a non-obnoxious way to get involved with few of the leading Zelda sites that exist today, and advertise us as modestly as possible. I want to fairly understand true rules so that they see I have respect for them.

The younger Zelda fans need to at least know we exist, let alone have the best in Zelda fan games. I am also taking charge of a wikia page dedicated to introduce new people into Zeldaclassic without intimidating them. I will not provide any confusing information, but will provide links to the more complicated stuff.

This project will be slow going though, as I am spending much of my energy on my Souls series.

To do this right, I want to put as much research in as possible. It would be a terrible idea to make a handbook for newbies if the handbook contains incorrect information.

The things I will be looking for is:
    - Legendary Quests: These are the Quests that go down in the books as being the best for it's time.
    - Quests that are Hot: These quests are the upcoming Quests, or the quests that gained it's reputation in the past year or two.
    - People You should Know: Authors like DFW and Freedom will be mentioned here, also the staff who developed ZC.
    - ZC History: An entertaining biography.
    - Websites and Links: For people who want to jump deeper into the ZC world.
    - Basics on ZQuest: Since this page is for newbies, I just want to provide only the basics, and than they can come here or PureZC to learn more.

I am thinking of more ideas as I go. But I want to introduce new fans, and this approach to appeal to newbies is possibly the best thing I can come up with.

I will provide a link to my page in the near future.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    15 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    63.99%
    I agree with you and have had similar thoughts. Now, I thought there used to be a ZC wiki, but something happened to it and I don't remember what. I feel that a wiki would play an important role in informing and exposing Zelda fans to ZC. It would also be very important to spread the word. Since there has been no completed version of ZC in years I think finishing 2.5 is one of the most important things that can be done as it would send a strong signal that ZC is a solid tool to work with... but I'm getting off topic.

Anyway, I like your Quest Player Handbook idea.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    50.53%
    Chances are, having this handbook released at the same time as an official ZC2.5 would be an excellent idea to get this place back to life. I don't know why it's so slow going. How perfect must 2.5 be before it can be allowed to be released to fans?

Why not just make a Zeldaclassic 3 if the current version doesn't beat the punch? I mean seriously. The Zeldaclassic that's offered on the main page is kind of ancient.

Armageddon Task Manager

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    11.77%
    http://www.shardstorm.com/ZCwiki/Main_Page

Needs lots of work.

How is the ZC on the main page ancient?

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    50.53%
    Ain't it still ZC 1.1 or something?

That's right, that's a very helpful wiki, but can be a bit overwhelming for newbies, and more focused on the quest designer program zquest, than guiding fans into finding, loading, and playing good games. But providing a link to shardstorm's page for more in depth material would be ideal.

Armageddon Task Manager

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    11.77%

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    50.53%
    I guess my facts are a bit ancient. Lol

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    50.53%
    Okay, Since they are close to officially releasing 2.5, I will make the go ahead on my little side project here. As I am doing research I'll be asking alot of questions on the way.

Thread Information