User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Announcement of Screenshot of the week!

Gibdo
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    92.71%
    Thanks Seastorm! I went ahead and added that to the rules. and if you want to you can go ahead and enter I'm already taking entry's :)

Armageddon Task Manager

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    12.15%
    It's probably best that we go ahead and give this an individual forum for obvious organization purposes.

A portal, forum block, or integration into the current zc.com would probably be a good idea as well, but that will take a little bit of time.

<SUCCESSOR> Its Shadowblazer's dark essence invading the forums

Gibdo
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    92.71%
    Yeah it might good idea to have its own forum. But I'm going to say lets see how well this goes first and then we can think giving it. its own forum.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    22.25%
    I'm going to enter as well. :3

Mentioned
    152 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    52.08%
    Quote Originally Posted by Seastorm View Post
    Sweet! AGN gets SotW. I am sure to enter this once it gets started.
    By the way, I do have a rule that you should add, Ventus:
    Entries must be taken from within the Zelda Quest editor or Zelda Classic player - Self-explanitory, to prevent shots like this (those who saw PZC SotW 339 would have seen it) from getting in to the contests. Preferably, they should be taken from within the Zelda Classic Player. Animated GIFs should be allowed, because each image can be taken from within the Zelda Quest editor.
    Well I pretty much already covered that.

4. Entries should not be unreasonably size
    Size should be default(something like 256x224) and should be taken in ZQ or ZC. Menus, combo pane, etc in ZQ.
    Shots should be cropped out and images capture by other mean must have all non-ZC stuff cropped as well.

If the shot you mentioned was submitted it would be rejected based on this rull for having non ZC stuff in the image and for being unreasonably tall. Capturing the screenshot by other means is fine as long as it follows this rule.

EDIT: @Ventus I just realized the wording you used. "Entries should not be unreasonably size " also a little leniency on size should be fine:

4. Entries should not be an unreasonable size
    Size should be near the default(something like 256x224) and should be taken in ZQ or ZC. Menus, combo pane, etc in ZQ.
    Shots should be cropped out and images capture by other mean must have all non-ZC stuff cropped as well.
    Last edited by SUCCESSOR; 11-15-2012 at 02:59 AM.

Gibdo
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    92.71%
    @SUCCESSOR
    I edited the first post once again. Changed the 4th rule once more and removed the "Entries must be taken from within the Zelda Quest editor or Zelda Classic player"
    I didn't realized we already made that clear last night. I was tired and was not thinking
    Any way everything is fixed right.

And we now have 4 entry's! We can do this contest this Sunday! I have people keep'um coming

Armageddon Task Manager

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    12.15%
    What about entering the same screen more than once? I assume that's frowned upon?

And do we care if they are screens that users have entered at PZC previously? I don't think this one matters much.
    @Ventus , what are your upload plans? I can allow you to upload them to AGNs space, but it may be best for bandwidth if they are hosted elsewhere. I definitely don't want them to ever disappear though. @SUCCESSOR mentioned Dropbox. Do you have one? If not, have him link you so that he gets a referral bonus.

<SUCCESSOR> Its Shadowblazer's dark essence invading the forums

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    94.01%
    an admin could make a dropbox account for AGN as a whole. the starting amount of data you get should be more than sufficient for ZC Screenshots (even moreso if they're all GIFs or otherwise some old-timey format) but you could always get more by tossing out the referral link to people (both you and the other person will get I THINK +250MB storage with referrals and such) and lastly, you can do minor stuff on the dropbox site itself to get some more space.

Gibdo
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    92.71%
    Quote Originally Posted by ctrl-alt-delete View Post
    And do we care if they are screens that users have entered at PZC previously? I don't think this one matters much.
    @Ventus , what are your upload plans? I can allow you to upload them to AGNs space, but it may be best for bandwidth if they are hosted elsewhere. I definitely don't want them to ever disappear though. @SUCCESSOR mentioned Dropbox. Do you have one? If not, have him link you so that he gets a referral bonus.
    I don't really care if they are entry's from Pure. It really don't matter.

My upload plans were to use my Photobucket account to host them, where we won't be using agn's bandwidth.
    But I could get a Dropbox account... But don't you have to download their up loader or something. I don't think they have a web based up loader do they?

Quote Originally Posted by ctrl-alt-delete View Post
    What about entering the same screen more than once? I assume that's frowned upon?
    Well I didn't think about that. Well edited the first post again.
    Thanks for the reminder :|

Mentioned
    152 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    52.08%
    @Ventus Yes dropbox installs on your pc but it is very useful especially if you have multiple devices. Uploading images is just drag and drop into the dropbox folder and a simple rick click on the file gets you the direct link to share. You can upload through their website but I think you have to install it first. You could probably install, set it up, uninstall, etc. I have used photobucket too but I hate browsing through their site and using their uploader.

http://db.tt/5RHcvhjV Use this link and try out dropbox. I promise you will not be disappointing. I use it for images, quests, scripts, songs, anything I need to share.

Honestly who would submit a shot twice? Who would vote on it twice? Meh, it's okay that it's a no-no. PureZC entries are fine. Just because it's a winner over there doesn't mean it will be here. We're a different crowd. As in not overrun by twits who wouldn't know a good shot if it hit them in the DoR. Plus I am going to enter a shot that I entered at PureZC.

Thread Information