Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    62.54%

New Bug A handful of NES inconsistencies

When I was playing ZC recently, I found a couple ZC inconsistencies that don't occur on the original NES game.

1. CSet 9 doesn't update on screens that have pushable rocks or graves on the overworld. On the NES version, the level sprite colour is temporarily replaced with BG Palette 0, 2 or 3. Here's an example of what it looks like. The left is ZC, the right is the NES version.

2. Fast quitting while in a door repair room causes the guy to disappear without paying the door repair. This is not the case in the original NES version.

3. A few secret rooms in the ZC 2nd quest are missing. These are: A potion lady at screen 02 and a shop (type 0) at screen 15.

4. Boss palettes don't synchronise with CSet 9. On the NES version, the fourth Sprite palette (level colour) is temporarily replaced when you fight a certain boss monster (i.e. Aquamentus). This is easy to track on the NES version when you have the compass for that level. The second colour for the "dark" compass palette corresponds to the level colour. In ZC, the compass dark colour on NES-style quests is supposed to be 0x91 and not 0x00.

5. When you have the maximum rupees, it should only play sound effect 5 (Inventory).

Edit: Made a couple clarifications on inconsistency 4.

Edit number two: Found another minor inconsistency.
    Last edited by Reimu; 11-14-2012 at 05:39 AM. Reason: Clarified on the fourth inconsistency.

State Of Love And Trust, United State Of Amorica.
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    36.41%
    great first post. thanks for existing.

Gel
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    62.54%
    Here's another inconsistency I found out just now. In the example_2nd file that was uploaded on the site sometime last year, if the Big Triforce is collected and the player for whatever reason quits the game or dies, Ganon and his intro should never reappear after death. The only work-around to this is putting Ganon's screen as a Dungeon boss (don't return) enemy flag.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    12.84%
    This thread makes me recall something I noticed a long time ago. The entrance room in one of the dungeons doesn't appear the same (some sand was removed or added). I think it was Level 8, but I'm not sure. Maybe someone should check these out.

Gel
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    62.54%
    Another inconsistency: If a Darknut gets caught in a bomb blast and the bomb didn't do any damage to it, the damage sound should not play. It should only play when it directly gets hit with the bomb blast and takes damage.

Thread Information