So I was playing Super Metroid again and it was laggy on my netbook. Then it ocurred to me that the graphics options were on kinda "high". Namely, scaling filters! Why can't ZC use those so that it doesn't look like crap at the bigger (anything above 640x480 pretty much) resolutions? Just curious. If Allegro doesn't continue to be a pile of inflexible garbage, I'd imagine that since there's pixel art scaling libraries/etc (i.e. what emulators use, hq2x, hq3x, Eagle, etc. etc.) already it'd be a simple matter, no?

Then again, I have zero idea how ZC handles graphics, and from what little i've seen they're handled in a hilariously ghetto fashion.

I'm sure this will become irrelevant when ZC goes open but for now...

(on another note, despite ZC seemingly being low-resource on the surface, it could benefit greately from being a multi-threaded program. Or more specifically, able to take advantage of multi-core CPUs or even the GPU, or both! But I have a vague impression that fiddling with hardware stuff would be a pain in the ass, to that extent. Again, ZC Open will possibly address this someday. :I)