14 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    56.48%
    Quote Originally Posted by SUCCESSOR View Post
    Something to think about:

If you could change or add something to Link's behavior what would it be?
    Um, idle animations maybe? Faster spin attacks? 180 degree slashes?

I shall exalt myself over all Armagedddon Games bigjoe's Avatar
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    93.49%
    How about a script that makes him animate similarly to how he does in LTTP after getting an amulet. The little SHING animation...?

クールな男
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    96.8%
    Quote Originally Posted by SUCCESSOR View Post
    I think this may be possible without scripting with warping and what not. I am pretty sure you can change screen flags(room type, guy, etc), though I haven't done it. What is your idea for such a script?
    For me personally, I wanted to have a shop sell certain items, and then change it's stock depending on triforce piece accumulation. So you could buy the white sword if you already have 4 triforce pieces, for example.

For scripting, I would assume it would be something along the lines: (I have no idea the proper syntax for ZQuest coding, btw)

If Triforce.Item => 4
    Then SensitiveWarp DMAP, SCREEN#, X, Y
    Else
    SensitiveWarp DMAP, SCREEN#, X, Y
    Endif

Then just simply apply that to a combo (which would be the door to the shop). Achieving the changing shop inventory (or changing a whole town, whatever you want) would be as simple as making identical screens, with different shop#s.

Mentioned
    152 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    52.04%
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterSwordUltima View Post
    For me personally, I wanted to have a shop sell certain items, and then change it's stock depending on triforce piece accumulation. So you could buy the white sword if you already have 4 triforce pieces, for example.

For scripting, I would assume it would be something along the lines: (I have no idea the proper syntax for ZQuest coding, btw)

If Triforce.Item => 4
    Then SensitiveWarp DMAP, SCREEN#, X, Y
    Else
    SensitiveWarp DMAP, SCREEN#, X, Y
    Endif

Then just simply apply that to a combo (which would be the door to the shop). Achieving the changing shop inventory (or changing a whole town, whatever you want) would be as simple as making identical screens, with different shop#s.
    If you just want to set up warps determined by Triforce pieces that could be done. For on screen something like your psuedo code would work but if you want whole towns to change there will be a little more involved. I am working on a potion shop right now based off LTM's update of Joe123's shop script. I could try to edit the shop script to sell certain Items depending on triforce pieces if you like.

Quote Originally Posted by bigjoe View Post
    How about a script that makes him animate similarly to how he does in LTTP after getting an amulet. The little SHING animation...?
    I don't know what you mean. Can you find a youtube video or something as an example?

Quote Originally Posted by Lynker View Post
    Um, idle animations maybe? Faster spin attacks? 180 degree slashes?
    You mean animate link when he is standing still? That wouldn't be hard maybe. Is it something a lot of people want though?

Spin attacks and custom sword actions would have to be scripted from scratch using Script1 LWeapon. This means you'd have to set Script weapon type to affect enemies the same way as sword(esp. if you had both scripted and unscripted swords) and it would have the same affect as any other script items(ice magic or something). I've tried scripting a custom sword once but got annoyed and lazy. I may try again sometime.
    Last edited by SUCCESSOR; 11-05-2012 at 03:45 PM.

Faith, Trust, and Sexydust. Lynker's Avatar
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    56.48%
    Yes, animate Link when he's still. I haven't seen many people wanting it, but it would make ZC feel more like the 3D games.

And really? So...nevermind :/

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    22.14%
    I want a blinking Link, it's kinda creeping that Link never blinks... But maybe I'm just being picky.

EDIT: Maybe showing the bow when Link is about to shot? IDK if you already scripted it but I'm putting it out there~ Also maybe Z3 scrolling? *shot*

Maybe bomb flowers too?
    Last edited by Shane; 11-18-2012 at 09:07 AM.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    88.79%
    I'd like to see some more autoghost Z3 bosses. Of course I could write my own, but I'd assume that would require digging through LttP's code which I assume would require some knowledge of ASM, which lo and behold I have none. Specifically Moldorm, Helmasaur King, and Trinexx. Yeah I know. Way to go for the most complicated bosses from LttP.

Thread Information