Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    52.04%

Modern Zelda Scripts

See what I did there? Got your attention didn't I? Okay so lately I have been thinking that we should get together and work out what we can do with ZScript to make ZC quests feel more like a modern Zelda game. So I figure we need a topic for that. Give some suggestions about what core gameplay features of later Zelda games we might be able to incorporate into ZC to make it feel more like a modern Zelda game and how we can do it. Also we can talk about existing scripts that do this but might be broken, outdated, buggy, or just don't work so well and how we can fix that. For instance I have heard there is a script for picking up pots and throwing them but I heard it was buggy. I haven't tried it out but if someone has I'd like to hear how it might need to be improved.

The ultimate goal I think will be to create a "script pack" a group of scripts that improves ZC gameplay and makes ZC quest feel more modern. All scripts would be contained in a zip archive or something which would contain a header file for the pack, the scripts combined(any global code already merged and all scripts in one file), and the scripts separated(each in it's own file with it's global data). This way it will be very easy for users to add the scripts to their quest.

One exclusion I think needs to be made is no scripts specifically for side view. Also no Wii Motion Plus.
    Last edited by SUCCESSOR; 10-24-2012 at 10:33 PM.

Thread Information