Quote Originally Posted by SUCCESSOR View Post
Protected from what? Is it really that hard to crack pre 2.5 passwords? And what is it that need protection? Are we afraid of people taking quests like lost isle, making small edits and re-releasing it as their own? As if doing such would result in anything but ridicule. A lot of us want to know what needs to be hidden? I bet most people who want to crack open the great quests want to see how it was done not to steal. I know a lot of people are possessive and don't want their work open...
Let me share with you a story of my own. A while ago, I created an SMW hack called "EVERY LEVEL IGGY!" (excuse the title) People liked it, all was good. Couple of years later, I'm notified that someone created their own hack using mine as a base. I contact them and find out, someone else took my UNLOCKED hack and claimed it as their own, spreading it around places with people who didn't know that this person was a thief. So the previously-mentioned person asked if they could use the hack as a base, and they were told "yes".

So, I understand the desire to keep a password on quests, just to protect all your hard work from theft.