vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    60.36%
    Achievements It's over 9000!

Hotel Transylvania

Anyone seen this movie yet?

I just got back from seeing it. I have to say, it was really, really good. I loved every second of it. It was definitely one of the funniest movies I've seen in ages, and there were even moments where you just had to shed a tear. Oh yes, it had everything.

Go see it.

What are you waiting for? Go! Silly humans

Gibdo
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    92.71%
    I wanted to see this movie as soon as I started seeing ad's for it. But I just didn't have to funds to go see it :-\. But oh well.
    I'm so going to pick the DVD up when it comes on DVD.

Mentioned
    152 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    52.08%
    From the moment I saw the original trailer I have not wanted to see anything less. I know trailers can be deceiving and hardly do a good job of representing a film but you generally see the best of what a movie has to offer in the trailer. So when I see a trailer that isn't in any way funny or interesting I write it off as crap I'll never see. The first uninteresting trailer that just showed the Hotel, the human character accidental entrance and a fistful of Popsicle stick jokes was bad enough and then they came out with the second trailer about overprotective father/daughter/misfit/lovestruck crap we have seen a thousand different ways just counting the last decade. It seems like they are trying to lay it on thick to make up for the first dull trailer but the humor doesn't do it any favors. We've all seen Adam Sandler's slapstick, cheap puns, and cheesy one liners enough to last us a life time.

On top of the world ShadowTiger's Avatar
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    60.36%
    Achievements It's over 9000!
    I've gotta say, though, it depends on how open you are to emotions. Empathy and the like. It would only feel lackluster if you expect them to do all the work of making you laugh. That works for anything, though.

The movie did a perfect job of humanizing 100% of the individuals in the hotel, and giving them all a unique personality that works well with their monstrous fortitude. Frankenstein was a chummy best friend, and his wife is a nagging Fran Drescher type. (Played by Fran Drescher of course.) The Wolfman is a semi-whipped husband to a wife with ever-so-many kids, the invisible man pulls off oddly successful invisible jokes, and the mummy is more than meets the eye. Nobody is a monster for being a monster's sake. They're all individuals.

Adam Sandler is more of a worried father than he is Adam Sandler. If you think he'll follow a stereotypical path, then quit ruining the movie for yourself. He has a lot of great substance in the movie which can draw people to every corner of the emotional rollercoaster if you let him. It's a very thrilling ride.

Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    42.37%
    Not yet, but i'll be watching it one way or another.
    My Quotes and other siggy stuff.
    *Bar-Buddies updates whenever-also can email comics upon request*
    MP:89
    Playing: Final Fantasy XIV

Thread Information