Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    93.99%

A (hopefully) simple question

Can enhanced music be start/stopped with scripting? It's mostly an aesthetic thing, I want to have another version of a song play in a quest after the player has progressed far enough. Kind of like in Metroid Prime 1 where there was a starting overworld theme, which then changed to another theme later on.

The Artist Once Known As Old-Skool QDB Manager
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    33.56%
    I don't know a lot about the scripting system of Zelda Classic, but I would imagine that there should be simple commands for handling a specific set of media.

Ideally, if you can use tracker music, then there should already exist scripting commands to play, loop, and stop it (when was this amendment scripting first created? Was it written when 2.11 was in the works, or has ZC used an internal version of it all along? I'd imagine the former...)

I think that logically, yes there should be. Although, I don't know how much more control you'll be given (when to loop, what frame of time to pick back up at, etc.) beyond that. Not like with MIDIs.

Mentioned
    152 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    52.07%
    The control of music in ZSCRIPT is basically starting and stopping music. I guess there is a way to set up a progress marker that after a certain point changes the music every time you enter the overworld dmap. It might also be possible to do without scripting. I don't know anything about the way ZQ uses enhanced music because frankly I have never used them.

EDIT: I guess you can change the dmap midi with Game->DMapMidi[] but I don't know if it is permanent and as I said I dont know how ZQ uses enhanced music.

Thread Information