17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    51.39%
    Pretty much, all is left to it is shopping and testing the level up system. Right now my largest focus is creating the overworld, than new betas will be released with story and dungeon progression.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    51.39%
    1st draft of North Lanayru

Gel
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    51.59%
    Haha, alright. Also, i have a question!

Will you be having custom sound effects for this game or will you stick with the usuals?

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    51.39%
    Preferably I wanna make this game as custom as possible, for many reasons. When I made Souls of Wisdom, I built that game around the knowledge of the program, but there were things I wouldn't touch, such as custom sounds. Even freeform combos were never used in Souls of Wisdom.

Souls of Wisdom 2 on the other hand will include freeform combos, as you can tell with the cutscenes. But also scripts are included. I wanna test, try, and play with every feature Zquest has to offer in one way or another when building this quest. So expect to hear custom sounds eventually.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    51.39%
    Souls of Wisdom 2 promises a whole new story dynamic not too often seen in many Zelda quests, or Zelda in general. Level 1 and Level 2 will set the main story arc. But afterwords, every level will feature it's own unique side story that doesn't dwell into the main story, but instead provide mini stories much like episodes. The object for most levels are to beat the main boss of each story, given each main boss a story of it's own. The big bosses mostly won't have their own story as they simply act as palace guardians.

After Link manages to escape the Temple of Time, he hears about the Stalfos Pirates invading North Faron who are extra curious abound plundering the North East Palace of Papara. Link ventures to investigate the area, but is captured by the pirates. Link must explore the mass amount of Pirate ships which become the 3rd level, than defeat the Pirate Leader. After defeating the Pirate Leader, he swears he will help Link on his journey only if he can defeat the Palace monster Horse Head who's been preventing his Pirates access to the Palace. After Link enters the palace, and solves the Palace Riddle, he defeats Horse Head and returns the crystal to the Palace, allowing the pirates access to the palace. You will meet the Pirates much later in the game, and the captain holds true to his word by blasting through the defenses of Ganon's fortress and allowing Link access to Ganon's Headquarters.

After Link defeats Horse Head, he ventures through a hidden path to South Faron. But little did he know, he has been followed since Rash's defeat in the Temple of Time. As soon as Link enters South Faron. Five Assassin's introduce themselves, who collectively have Rash's powers separately. While Rash is ill, they swore revenge on who's responsible. The Assassin's are named in tribute of SOW fans. The leader of the Assassins, Davis, is said to be as powerful as Rash himself and holds all Rash's abilities. Throughout all of level 4 you face each assassin one by one, but eventually encounter Davis who easily defeats you and knocks you out. You wake up in a magic torture spell you cannot escape. Davis continues to torture you for supposed crimes until a mysterious character saves you from defeat. The mysterious character tells you that Davis is in fact not as tough as Rash, and you are more than capable of defeating him. After defeating Davis, you gain access to this regions palace and defeat it's guardian.

After defeating the 2nd guardian, everybody in Faron discovers the accusation against you as an enemy of Hyrule. You and your mysterious new friend both most escape Faron without harming the villagers that are chasing you. You eventually use a flight spell which returns you to your home world Eldin.

There are much more story arcs from here. But I don't like creating huge spoilers. So I'll leave the rest to your imagination.

Gel
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    51.59%
    Woooooooooooooooow, all of that sounds EPIC!

My gosh, with that much planned, i can imagine how long it'd take to implement all of that into the game >_<

I'm stoked for the game, but i know it takes a lot of time to implement gallons of epic like that into the game, i'm sure. :p
    Keep up the good work, man!

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    51.39%
    Thank you.

And yes, making this quest will be a long journey. But the good news is that I don't commit myself to large quests such as these unless I am certain it will be epic. Even Shattered Courage can't be ignored. Even though it ban use a rebuild, as it is my first genuine quest and includes many noobish flaws.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    51.39%
    Souls of Wisdom offered players a rich world full of eye pleasing locations. Every area on the map gave a different feel that no quest has made before. Simply enough it was a very colorful quest, from a Light World, to a Dark World, to an even darker forest and an even darker mountain. Not to mention the graveyards. Than there was a Fire and Ice mountain.

I wants to create that same magic again, but fell a little short on ideas for that out of this world feeling. You see, I don't want Link just exploring a sunny grassy field, it borders too cliche, and that same goes for snowy mountains. Now mind you, I will have grassy fields and snowy mountains despite the cliche, nothing wrong with cliche. But I like to explore things that aren't quite explored that much.

But as time goes by, it no longer becomes a dilemma.

- On an island, north east of Lanayru, what used to be called maze island because its distinguishable labyrinth like terrain built by the ancients, a huge factory was built in it's place by Ganon's army. Though most of the labyrinth's remains no longer exist, you can still see some of the ancient stone walls surrounding the huge factory. Though in Zelda days, a factory aint quite as advanced as we have today of course, but you'll be awed at how far Ganon's army has evolved in regards of weapons and technology, and the potential of Hylian culture. The most futuristic looking area in Zelda, all runned by Moblins and Hylians who has turned against their own country.

- With the eradication of the Dark World, Hyrule Mountains regained its former title as Death Mountain, in respect of the Gorons who would not return until their Mountains was returned to them. Now Goron filled and snow covers the whole peak now. However, the dark world did not disappear without leaving some fragments of itself within Hyrule. Mysteriously, Ganon's Castle, almost as if by pieces have been left within the Light World as a reminder to the Hylians of what Ganon was capable of. Theory is, perhaps Ganon took ruins of the Castle with him by pure coincidence when his spirit escaped into the light world. Some say, that even his ashes were retrieved on top of Death Mountain in the Light World, even though Ganon was defeated in the Dark World. Whatever the case, the entire mountain region has been reformed by fragments of what was Ganon's Castle. Not to mention that the aura of the area presents a shining mystical, eerie, but yet beautiful glow, as if to say never forget the battle that happened in the Evil Realm upon these mountains.

- South Lanayru will have a time aspect to it. Several times in the game you venture into the past in this beautiful ancient village. But when you finally reach South Lanayru, you'll find yourself in a desert full of ashes. What was once a beautiful forest now sets under snowy volcano ash, all vegetation in this area gone extinct, and the cold grey eerie feeling can send chills through anybody's bones. As you journey this land of ashes, you unlock the mysteries of what happened here. But it is not easy, as the enemies down this way are much more powerful, due to them having to adapt to such intolerable conditions.

- Nabaroo is a huge city which was built in honor of Yedit the great hero. What was once a small village where Yedit grew up, has now become a huge marketplace for shoppers and businessmen, and perhaps Hyrule's most powerful domain, even more powerful and more advanced than Eldin's Hyrule Castle village Karkariko. Rumors say that once Yedit returns, Nabaroo plans to build a new, more spectacular Hyrule Castle for the Princess and her father, leaving Eldin's Castle behind as a historical monument, and perhaps rebuild it as a church for prayer. Nabaroo is simply such an overwelming city as it covers most of the province of Lanayru.

- In East Faron, there is a huge graveyard managed by just one man named Dampe'. Good fellow at heart, always been known to lead people who are lost out of the graveyard, and it seems the ghosts and monsters do not torment him, which makes people feel safe. They say located deep in these graveyards is a Hyrule Castle from ancient times and deep within the castle houses enough treasure to start a brand new nation. But only Dampe knows the location of the castle they now call King's Tomb. You'll be awed by the combination of a creepy haunted theme mixed with the sparkling beauty of shiny rupee ores and gold.
    Last edited by NewJourneysFire; 10-23-2012 at 11:31 PM.

Armageddon Task Manager

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    12.03%
    Stupid question I assume, but do you have an ETA for completion? This is probably going to be the first quest I play all the way through for ZC.

<SUCCESSOR> Its Shadowblazer's dark essence invading the forums

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    51.39%
    The ETA for completion unfortunately, to make it exactly the kind of job I wanna make it, will not be for another year, maybe even 2 years. Though I got 60% of the overworld completed, and i reckon it'll be up to 80% in a few weeks. I still want to spend alot of my time in discovery and depth, searching for ideas that fit. Not only do I wanna continue my strengths, I wanna work on some weaknesses too.

So I'm constantly searching for puzzle ideas, themes, or even new ideas to the storyline. But as for the storyline, 95% of the storyline is in my head. Revealing it would lead to alot of spoilers that I do not wanna reveal other than the spoilers I already have.

The story will focus primarily around Link, Rash, Yedit, the Undead Deity and Ganon's army. Zelda and Ganon will actually have minor roles in this quest, but still be present for important reasons.

Thread Information