17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    50.53%
    SoW2 will feature not one, but three types of bosses.

Standard Bosses: not standard as in Aquamentus & Gleeok kinda standard. Many boss will be mildly custom using the enemy editor. Standard bosses means that they appear at te end of a level, just like most Zelda games.

Big Bosses: Because this game adapts the Zelda 2 universe, the six palaces and their guardians make an appearance. But the palaces will no be the standard level. They will often come after beating a level, or before a new level. They are the 6 main bosses in Zelda 2 redone.

Story Bosses: They are pretty much random encounter bosses, probably the toughest of them all because many of these encounters forces you to evade the enemy that is more powerful than you are. Two examples being Rash and The Undead Deity.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    50.53%
    Here are some images.

Gibdo
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    92%
    Looking good Cole. Those screen are quite tasty looking. You know I didn't see that you put these image's on your Topic over at PureZC...
    You know you could update both of you topics here and on PureZC, that would get your game a lot more attention.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    50.53%
    Thanks for the advice, but I'm not interested in getting the game more attention than it already has, it will sell itself. But I am interesting in using this game to get a bit more attention over to this site. Sounds conceded I know, but I absolutely don't mean it in a conceded way. When I realized AGN needed help, I decided to give a helping hand, and this was how I decided to approach it. I will continue to post updates here, as a promised.

I may continue to visit purezc to keep communication up with some members there, and perhaps link my updates to here, it might not be the most ideal decision for boosting popularity for this quest, but like I said, I am confident enough in this quest so far that it'll do fine either way.

Gibdo
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    92%
    Quote Originally Posted by NewJourneysFire View Post
    Thanks for the advice, but I'm not interested in getting the game more attention than it already has, it will sell itself. But I am interesting in using this game to get a bit more attention over to this site. Sounds conceded I know, but I absolutely don't mean it in a conceded way. When I realized AGN needed help, I decided to give a helping hand, and this was how I decided to approach it. I will continue to post updates here, as a promised.
    Oh no! Its in no way sounds conceded. I'm sure Every one here on the staff appreciates you having your project here. I mean it does show that AGN is working its way back up.
    Heck I'm helping as much as I can having a banner on other forums and being a mod here.

I would love to see this place in its former glory :)
    Quote Originally Posted by NewJourneysFire View Post
    I may continue to visit purezc to keep communication up with some members there, and perhaps link my updates to here, it might not be the most ideal decision for boosting popularity for this quest, but like I said, I am confident enough in this quest so far that it'll do fine either way.
    That sounds like an idea. I would say at least post links there every once in while to show people that the quest is still being worked on. Since I don't many users from PureZC has joined over here yet.
    And I Know you quest will do great. just like Souls of Wisdom 1. (I loved that game!).
    Last edited by Ventus; 09-28-2012 at 02:23 PM.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    50.53%
    Just to show people that I am making some recent progress, here are some half complete screens. I am kinda embarrassed to show what my 1st draft material looks like. But this is an interesting none of the less.

The ships is supposed to be level 3, currently it looks like garbage, and that's where I suffered my quest designer's block and took a break from the quest for several months. There is something very frustrating about designing this level that I can't wrap my fingers around. Ideally I want to make it a sneak level where Link avoids pirate stalfos, but eventually gets all his items back and kicks ass.

You may also notice the Zelda 2 like maps coming out, but also lack alot of accuracy. That's fine, because what's really important to know is that, this is not Zelda 2, it's Souls of Wisdom 2, and my series survives on creating new games built off the likeness of the old, it's not supposed to be accurate, but very similar, that's what Souls of Wisdom really is.

The last two will look like a fucked up mess, but if you look closely through the fucked up mess, you'll notice that it's part of the overworld of the Original Souls of Wisdom. I am having a chapter in my quest where Link revisits the overworld from SOW 1, because it is this game's version of the Eldin province.

Once I redraw the entire thing, I'm going to remaster the entire overworld of Eldin with a brand new look that's fitting for the SOW 2 graphics pack. I am also thinking in the future that I may import the entire SOW1 overworld into SOW2, but not for playable reasons. I am considering making a new file in the long future where the COMPLETE overworld is all available and linked together, but with no story, and call it World of SOW. It's purpose is to let any quest designer make a game using all the overworlds of SOW1 and SOW2 based on this new design.

Last edited by NewJourneysFire; 09-29-2012 at 01:34 PM.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    50.53%
    South Faron improving. :)

Last edited by NewJourneysFire; 10-08-2012 at 08:47 AM.

Gel
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    49.92%
    Yo, Grant Cole! Just thought i'd post a few major errors i found in your demo that you posted in PureZC. I mean, it IS a beta, so i thought i'd do this much to help you out in making such an awesome quest!

In this image, you can actually get STUCK, and you gotta F6 as a result if you don't follow the Undead Deity fast enough.

In this image, i'm sure you're not supposed to be able to move anywhere outside of the darkened area while chasing down the UD...

In this image, i arrived to that following screen from the left, and went down, then came back up, only to get stuck, meaning i had to F6 to get out of it.

Just thought i'd point these few errors i discovered so far in your demo. But other than that, this is even BETTER than the first SoW. My goodness, i had TONS of fun. Alas, with this demo, i'm not yet finished, for i have no idea on how to get the boss key.

Edit: I'm an idiot... didn't think to use that electric whip thingie on one of them statues... Well in any case, HOLY CRAP RASH WAS TOUGH. Anyway, I'm guessing the demo is done now that I defeated him, since there's practically nothing else to do.
    Last edited by Jubbz; 10-09-2012 at 08:55 PM.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    50.53%
    The secret to open the door is located elsewhere in the dungeon. Try using electricity on different things.

Gel
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    49.92%
    Yeah... actually, i already figured it out after actually paying attention to the gossip stone/block.

Haha, fun. Anyway, I'm guessing the demo's done now that i defeated Rash, huh?

Thread Information