Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    23.24%

Bug Forum Reboot

We've decided to put the bug forum back into commission and could use a little help getting it running again. Right now there are about 2100 threads in the exterminated, 146 threads in the quarantined, 250 in the limbo/old beta, and 37 in the "active" bug forums. All of these have also lost their "I'm this bug" icons as well after the forum upgrade.

Obviously there are not 37 actual bugs that have priority to get fixed at this point (22 not counting NES consistency) so anything that is older than RC4, or unverified, is going to get removed and put into the quarantined or like sub-forum. 2-4 weeks seems like enough time to allow for this, so anything without a bug icon attached to it at that time will be moved.

Also, do we need 10 sub-forums at this stage? 5 years ago when bugs were coming in daily and there were 4-5 active developers working on fixing them, keeping them organized while trying to not let them build up and get out of hand seems reasonable, but when the current code base is pretty stable this seems like overkill and it just over complicates things. What are your thoughts on this - leave it alone, simplify it, something else?

Side thought:We could probably pin a "Is this a bug?" topic somewhere where people can make an inquiry about something they think might be a bug, but aren't sure about it and don't want to look like a jerk when someone tells them it's not.

The exterminated bugs don't have much bearing on anything, so should they be archived? (In a way, it'd be like they never happened)
    This post contains the official Gleeok seal of approval. Look for these and other posts in an area near you.

Mentioned
    150 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    0.82%
    I'd say archive the exterminated bugs, add "[Limbo]" to the thread title of any Limbo bugs and dump them in Open Bugs, and eliminate Bugs from Old Betas. I suppose you could also add "[Quarantine]" to the thread title of those bugs and dump them into Open Bugs, but that forum seems to have more purpose than Limbo does.
    I'm an author. If you're interested in checking out my works, you can find them on Amazon.com:

The Time-Loop Continues ZC Developer
    Mentioned
    259 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    23.24%
    The inactive threads in the bug forum from past betas/release candidates have been moved to limbo.

We'll see about archiving and restructuring the forum later on I suppose. The idea for post (open source) ZC 2.5 is to focus on incremental changes and avoiding these massive development cycles at all costs.
    This post contains the official Gleeok seal of approval. Look for these and other posts in an area near you.

Thread Information