0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    57.38%

These are from a currently unnamed, and surprisingly fast-moving spur of the moment project of mine. I'm going for a particular aesthetic here, and I realize some people will hate it, but if you are a fan of ZC quests with graphics inspired by Chinese pirated SNES/ NES carts, than this is the quest for you . The trees, and house interior walls are custom. A few other things here and there are custom too. This is probably the most spriting I've ever done, and since I'm not the best spriter, that is also a reason for the artistic direction. If you are curious, dungeons will still use the traditional Zelda perspective.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    23.06%
    Quote Originally Posted by Anthus View Post
    snip
    I don't want to say lol. On one hand it looks weird like those pirated SNES/NES games (and that was your goal, so props to that). But on another hand it looks unique and different and something I'd give a whirl when it comes out. Good work Anthus, keep it up!
    Last edited by Shane; 11-18-2012 at 09:39 PM. Reason: Because I wanted to.

Mentioned
    150 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    1.8%
    Quote Originally Posted by Anthus View Post
    *Image Excised for Length*

These are from a currently unnamed, and surprisingly fast-moving spur of the moment project of mine. I'm going for a particular aesthetic here, and I realize some people will hate it, but if you are a fan of ZC quests with graphics inspired by Chinese pirated SNES/ NES carts, than this is the quest for you . The trees, and house interior walls are custom. A few other things here and there are custom too. This is probably the most spriting I've ever done, and since I'm not the best spriter, that is also a reason for the artistic direction. If you are curious, dungeons will still use the traditional Zelda perspective.
    I really do like your style. It has an elegant simplicity to it.
    Your Link, however, does not fit. You need to adjust his palette to give him more contrast (Make his face brighter, and his hat and tunic darker), or else he blends too severely with the background. I couldn't even see him in the first image before squinting.

EDIT:
    @Majora
    That screen is a jaw-dropper. Wow.

@NewJourneysFire
    It's a nice shot, but I agree with Phazite. You need to thin out some of the salmon from the palette.

@Lightwulf
    Your neoclassic tileset is great! I especially like the townsfolk.

@trudatman
    You already know how I feel about Sticks and Stones. That style is so unique it's mind-blowing.

@Seastorm
    Those classic shots are nice, but I like your gameboy stuff better.
    Also, is that a lava zora in the first screen?!

@Rambly
    Your palette is awesome. And I don't know what you're talking about, the sub-screen on the first shot rules!
    Last edited by CJC; 11-19-2012 at 12:44 AM.

Gel
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    45.64%
    Here's some screenshots from my hopefully soon to be released quest. It's a Dragon Quest / Zelda hybrid that I've been working on for a very long time. I hope to have it completed in a month or two.

Last edited by umbrello; 03-24-2014 at 05:07 PM. Reason: made screenshots bigger cuz bigger is better! XD

Thread Information