User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: What quest brought you into ZC/ZQ?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    62.23%

What quest brought you into ZC/ZQ?

Well, the first time I found ZC, the only thing I could figure out, was to play 1st Quest, and didn't realize that you could play 'custom' quests and such, and I believe ZC was at version 1.84, or 1.90. Well, about a year later, I found it again, and somehow found out how to play different quests, and I chose Hidden Duality, by DarkFlameWolf as my first quest to play, because the name sounded neat. hehe Well, I played it, and loved it! Was a wonderful quest for the days of 1.92. Since then, I've play a lot of great quests. So, what was your first?

The Artist Once Known As Old-Skool QDB Manager
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    33.58%
    I think Germis's quest is what intrigued me the most. Something about the screenshots really made me want to explore it, and I ended up finding a very difficult quest with secret passages all over the land and two whole overworlds. There's even a cave system you have to get through to enter Level 9.

Armageddon Task Manager

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    12.15%
    Quote Originally Posted by Rydia View Post
    Well, the first time I found ZC, the only thing I could figure out, was to play 1st Quest, and didn't realize that you could play 'custom' quests and such, and I believe ZC was at version 1.84, or 1.90. Well, about a year later, I found it again, and somehow found out how to play different quests, and I chose Hidden Duality, by DarkFlameWolf as my first quest to play, because the name sounded neat. hehe Well, I played it, and loved it! Was a wonderful quest for the days of 1.92. Since then, I've play a lot of great quests. So, what was your first?
    Same story. Originally just looked for a clone since my physical copy had a dead battery and couldn't save. About a week after downloading I found out about custom quests and registered a TON in alphabetical order as save files. (Name was of quest, not Link.)

Played around with a few never completing any and haven't played since then at all.

<SUCCESSOR> Its Shadowblazer's dark essence invading the forums

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    91.36%
    Mainly it's just the engine itself that drew me into ZC -- I just thought the idea of making your own Zelda was really cool when I was young. I didn't know custom quest databases existed for a full 8 months after I started! I think the main quests that sustained my interest in ZC early on were Revenge 2 by PrinceMSC (which is a pretty cliché answer for anyone who's been with the community a long time, I know), and then Mr. Z's stuff later on, especially Link's Birthday.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    16.9%
    The first quest I really remember playing was Cyclone's Rage. I think that's what really got me hooked and then I started playing a ton of custom quests after that. I wanted to find a Zelda editor which is what made me finally stumble on AGN in the first place and I even completed my own quest called Return to the Dark World (shameless plug) which was a decent attempt using the classic graphics. I never really got moving on any additional work but I am glad I was able to do enough to get at least one quest designed and completed.

The Time-Loop Continues ZC Developer
    Mentioned
    259 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    26.22%
    I was a big fan of DemoEX by PM and nightmare. First custom quest I played. :)
    This post contains the official Gleeok seal of approval. Look for these and other posts in an area near you.

Wizrobe
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    42.98%
    First quest, actually. I was looking up a way to play the first Zelda game in preparation for Twilight Princess's release, and what do you know, Zelda Classic popped up. The first quest that actually really drew me into ZC beyond playing Zelda 1, though, was Pineconn's End of Time. And I still love that game to death.
    Quote Originally Posted by rock_nog View Post
    Well of course eveything's closed for Easter - don't you know of the great Easter tradition of people barricading themselves up to protect themselves from the return of Zombie Christ?

Gel
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    57.58%
    I too was drawn in by the concept of an accurate Zelda 1 rewritten from scratch for PC. I mean holy crap! Who does that? Awesome!

Of the custom quests I fiddled about with. "Hero of Dreams" stands out most for me. It has witty humor, clever puzzles, beautiful graphics (well, considering they're limited to a scale somewhere between Zelda 1 and 3 that is definitely not 2), completeness, and feels very much like a Zelda game.

I never completed it, but if I ever got ZC running again that would be the first one I grabbed.

Hacking up an Octorock
    QDB Manager
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    28.17%
    Honestly....
    I was playing Zelda on a GBA and was looking for the maps and just stumbled onto AGN and then later once I got into building quests, PureZC.
    The ZC.com Database is alive!!
    __________________________________________________ _____

Curent Quest(s) :
    The Ring of Time.
    Working on whistle village.
    __________________________________________________ ______

Need help with bridges? Check out my tutorial HERE

Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    79.2%
    I was searching the internet for the Zelda map that was in the instruction manual. You know, the one at the beginning that looked like it was modeled out of clay. I stumbled across Zelda Classic and got hooked.
    <- Play Triforce Quest!

"The greatness of one's sorrow when parting is the evidence of the deepness of one's love. So If one fears sadness, one wouldn't be able to love anything."
    -Belldandy, Oh My Goddess!

"Who cares if I'm a star up here?" - Minmei, Robotech
    "You bookahs worry too much about external appearances. It's what's inside your skull that counts." - Taimi, Guild Wars 2

Thread Information