Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    23.44%
    Quote Originally Posted by Janus View Post
    recently restarted Final Fantasy XII. This game... so good. One of my favorite JRPGs for sure.
    I agree. Definitely the best FF game from the last 3 console generations, and perhaps ever. It's such a shame that Square couldn't manage a decent follow up to this.

There's also something else of interest that is unique to XII: It is the most balanced FF game by far. The one category where FF games generally fails (for me at least) is replayability as there never is a difficulty option. Most of them are just waaay too easy. However, with XII there's an accessory called "firefly" that fixes this. If you equip your characters with this it's possible to beat the game without ever gaining a level - also called the "Low-Level challenge" I believe. Unlike some other jrpg games with a LLC that are next to impossible without some sort of trick/farming/grinding, XII is pretty straight-forward. I highly recommend trying it if you've beaten the game already and are already familiar with it. It's very simple: In the very beginning of the game you just have to kill no non-boss enemies till around the wall that casts X-Zone or maybe just a little after that. :)
    Last edited by Gleeok; 04-15-2013 at 02:09 AM.
    This post contains the official Gleeok seal of approval. Look for these and other posts in an area near you.

Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    78.32%
    Ingress

What they call an "augmented reality" game on cell phones. Portals are located in real places around the world, and you walk by and tag them with your phone. You can fortify your own portals, link portals to make fields, and attack enemy portals. Get you out of the house.
    One of my friends has been pushing me to play for a while and I finally gave in. We walked around town yesterday recreating links that had been lost from an attack, and my friend had me doing all the work so I could level up a bit while he supplied me with the items needed. Worth checking out.

It's in closed beta now, but you can request a invite at http://www.ingress.com/
    <- Play Triforce Quest!

"The greatness of one's sorrow when parting is the evidence of the deepness of one's love. So If one fears sadness, one wouldn't be able to love anything."
    -Belldandy, Oh My Goddess!

"Who cares if I'm a star up here?" - Minmei, Robotech
    "You bookahs worry too much about external appearances. It's what's inside your skull that counts." - Taimi, Guild Wars 2

Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    42%
    Got Dark Moon yesterday. Playing the hell outta it.
    My Quotes and other siggy stuff.
    *Bar-Buddies updates whenever-also can email comics upon request*
    MP:89
    Playing: Final Fantasy XIV

Gibdo
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    92%
    Been awhile since I posted, anyways I've been playing Disgeae: hour of darkness, and Disgeae 2.
    The first one is amazing, while the second has a sucktastic story...

On top of the world ShadowTiger's Avatar
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    60.16%
    Achievements It's over 9000!
    Every six months or so, (Possibly with a window far smaller than that, even.) I start up a new game of Skyrim, decked out with some fairly impressive usage of mods. I tend to always take the "Unlimited rings and amulets[/b] mod" because I always find it ridiculous how you can only wear one or two of each even though you have ten fingers and toes and can just drape a thing around your neck ad-infinitum. Really enjoying those "new content" type add-ons, such as the quest to rebuild Helgen, or the Moonpath to Elsweyr.

Also, the Interesting NPCs mod is incredible. It may be absolutely batshit huge (1.3 or so GIgabytes.) but it's definitely space well dedicated. It doesn't really seem to add any new interactive content other than conversations, but every one of those conversations is incredibly deep, interesting, and thoughtful. You'll encounter everything from a man who cannot smell who moved into a dead man's house while the man is still rotting in his bed, a young woman practicing the necromantic arts as an actual form of abstract art, a Khajit abandoned at birth at the steps of Cloud Ruler temple and truly is a formidable swordswoman who killed her mentor, a cast-out Judiciar High-Elf with sarcastic scorn at her command, and so much more. Definitely get it.

Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    42%
    Playing Oracle of Ages (3DS VC version) and having some fun. Never got to play the original release of it (didn't have a GB Color, only the GB Pocket and didn't get a GBA until a few years ago) and am looking forward to it and Seasons.

Gibdo
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    92%
    Been playing Odin Sphere, and getting my ass handed to me left and right... I don't know why but this game is harder then shit. >.<

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    64.94%
    I just got the God of War Saga a few days ago. I've never played any of the games in this series in earnest, but they're pretty incredible. I started with Chains of Olympus, since that is set before the first GoW. It's fun as hell, though perhaps I shouldn't have jumped into Spartan difficulty. It's... pretty unforgiving at times.

Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    42%
    Animal Crossing New Leaf (but most of you know that already), waiting on my copy of Project X Zone in the mail, still also playing Oracle of Ages and Fire Emblem Awakening. I sometimes wonder how I get anything done outside of gaming and work.

Gibdo
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    92%
    Did finally buy me a 3ds and obtained my two first games for it! Which consist of Fire Emblem Awakening and Shin Megami Tensei IV... yeah the club Nintendo deal influenced my buy on games.
    Which I made a wise decision on games FE:A Was a amazing game and SMT4 is getting to become a classic game for me :3

And I spent my 30 dollars in credits from that deal with those games and bought a heap of digital games which consisted of...

TLoZ: Links awakening (GBC)
    TLoZ: Oracle of ages (GBC)
    TLoZ: Oracle of Seasons (GBC)
    Super Mario Land 2: The 6 coins (GB)
    Gunman Clive (3DS Ware)
    Photo Dojo (DSiWare)

All pretty darn good, this is great for my first time with a 3DS. :)

Thread Information