User Tag List

View Poll Results: Forums

Voters
10. You may not vote on this poll
  • Keep all traffic not related to Zelda Classic in GD.

2 20.00%
  • Bring back some of the old forums.

8 80.00%
  • Create new forums. (Please post ideas.)

5 50.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Forums

On top of the world ShadowTiger's Avatar
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    60.3%
    Achievements It's over 9000!
    Yes, that's more than easy enough. Whenever I put down a sub-forum, I have the URL to the subforum in its parent forum's description, at the very least. Helps very much.

Interesting idea with the moderators. Perhaps I am in favor of having a large moderation team due to the distribution of ideas and coverage that it presents. The concept of fighting over turf is an interesting one as well. It means that if one person has an idea for how to handle a topic in another forum they're passionate about, they present it to someone who observes that forum. If one person moderates more than three forums, a sense of "Well, all is well, because it suits my style" kind of falls into place, which may not be in the best interest of the particular events of that one forum that something is actually happening in. Just a theory there.

Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    78.92%
    I was always fond of the Anime forum, and spent most of my early years there. I was one of the most active users of that forum. I was sad it see it finally go, but I understood why it and many others had to. I'm all for having sub-forums for specific topics, but I agree that it needs to be based on traffic and usage. Seeing the occasional "Have you seen * anime?" pop up in GD is fine. When it gets to be a new topic every day, then there's a call to make one or bring back the old forum.

In short, I think it should be kept simple for now until the user base is back.
    <- Play Triforce Quest!

"The greatness of one's sorrow when parting is the evidence of the deepness of one's love. So If one fears sadness, one wouldn't be able to love anything."
    -Belldandy, Oh My Goddess!

"Who cares if I'm a star up here?" - Minmei, Robotech
    "You bookahs worry too much about external appearances. It's what's inside your skull that counts." - Taimi, Guild Wars 2

Thread Information