Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    12.05%
    --Fixed, thanks Saffith.

As far as other images, DD has backups but they can't be restored until he returns from traveling in a few weeks. Hopefully at that time he can repair his backup cron job and I can begin to download them myself.

<SUCCESSOR> Its Shadowblazer's dark essence invading the forums

On top of the world ShadowTiger's Avatar
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    60.31%
    Achievements It's over 9000!
    Anyone remember this? That was the shit. I looked at that, and thought "This, is AGN" So very colorful. So very interesting. I can't remember if that was some sort of hack, or just some clever confuddling with the pip system.

EDIT: Okay, holy shit, let's do this.

• Get the forums back. Can't post without a place to post in.
    • Keep the member suggestions up. Damn good stuff.
    • Emotes and pips have to come back. Feels like a shell of the former place. It's like wandering around in Fallout 3 right now. Awesome, but for bad reasons.
    • How are the forum rules? They're more of an afterthought at this point, but will people feel comfortable posting in a place where flaming is far too overlooked? If it was fine for the old userbase, and that's the userbase that will come back, then that's fine and dandy. All I know is, if I was a new member, and I posted something, and people rushed in to be all clique'ish and I got burned, I wouldn't give leaving a second thought.
    • This is still the home for Zelda Classic development, yes? I wouldn't think otherwise.
    Last edited by ShadowTiger; 08-18-2012 at 09:42 AM.

Armageddon Task Manager

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    12.05%
    1. As it stands, Warlord wants forum count to be reduced. I guess we could leave this up to a vote, but I think he wanted to consolidate traffic to one major area while keeping the focus on Zelda Classic.

2. Are you talking about this thread? If so, will do.

3. Agreed. I can probably get the emotes, but I don't know if any of the pips are backed up. Sure wish I had a good friend that had made them for me in ZC once before and may be willing to do so again if necessary.

4. Yes, still the home. Not sure what you mean though.

On top of the world ShadowTiger's Avatar
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    60.31%
    Achievements It's over 9000!
    1. As it stands, Warlord wants forum count to be reduced. I guess we could leave this up to a vote, but I think he wanted to consolidate traffic to one major area while keeping the focus on Zelda Classic.
    Oh neat. That makes sense. Puts things into a useful perspective.

2. Are you talking about this thread? If so, will do.
    Actually this is in a nutshell self-evident, from the very existence of this thread, and everything that it stands for. There are people who think "We, the staff, are just here to help the entire userbase thrive. Help us help you." The theory generally works very well, from what I've seen of the internet, if managed properly.

3. Agreed. I can probably get the emotes, but I don't know if any of the pips are backed up. Sure wish I had a good friend that had made them for me in ZC once before and may be willing to do so again if necessary.
    4. Yes, still the home. Not sure what you mean though.
    There were discussions of where to host ZC in the case that AGN were to go down or become so idle to the point where the beta testers never returned to the beta forums here, given that there is only a single thread for ZC RC3's progress on Pure, though it's very, very active at the moment. Just tying up loose ends here.

The Time-Loop Continues ZC Developer
    Mentioned
    259 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    26.13%
    Quote Originally Posted by ctrl-alt-delete View Post
    Beta discussion and beta suggestions could probably be merged together for the ZC forums, but GD is already in a pretty miserable state - I don't know how consolidating this is even feasible with the aim of stimulating traffic.
    This post contains the official Gleeok seal of approval. Look for these and other posts in an area near you.

Armageddon Task Manager

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    12.05%
    Quote Originally Posted by Gleeok View Post
    Beta discussion and beta suggestions could probably be merged together for the ZC forums, but GD is already in a pretty miserable state - I don't know how consolidating this is even feasible with the aim of stimulating traffic.
    I guess I should have explained better. Warlord said he wanted the forums reduced at the last major cleanup when DD archived everything. He messaged me the same thing days ago, but I'm not entirely certain he's seen the work DD did, so he may be pleased with the current state.

In any case, my personal preference and vote are with a few more. I agree with the issue of threads falling pages behind and the "bump" problem that would probably arise.

Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    8.43%
    Hi everyone,

I'm currently traveling through Germany and won't have access to my backups until mid-September, at which time I can restore all of the images that got deleted (which should fix, among other things, the site logo and the missing icons in the black theme.)

While I will help ctrl-alt-delete and the rest of the staff restore the site as best as I can, sadly I don't have the free time anymore to keep up with AGN's day-to-day maintenance, and I really appreciate the effort ctrl-alt-delete, XMuppetSB, and others have put into revitalizing the place. I encourage anyone interested in helping out to post in ctrl-alt-delete's staff thead.

Armageddon Task Manager

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    12.05%
    Quote Originally Posted by Saffith View Post
    Looks like pretty much all of the classic black theme icons are missing. Probably not worth the trouble of tracking them all down, though.

Also, there's apparently a limit of four images per post.
    Were those icons custom, or were they just default? I'm going to look into building a temporary black theme with the default icons until DD restores his backup.

--Image limit has been brought up to 10, do you think that's sufficient?

Armageddon Task Manager

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    12.05%
    --Arcade has been brought back.

Link is at the top of the board.

Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    8.43%
    Quote Originally Posted by ctrl-alt-delete View Post
    Were those icons custom, or were they just default? I'm going to look into building a temporary black theme with the default icons until DD restores his backup.
    They were the default, but from an ancient version of the software (possible even from back when the forums ran on UBB instead of vB). They looked better than the current defaults IMO.

The most important missing images are the site logos and the (many) non-custom avatars.

It looks like ZC.com-related images were spared, fortunately.

Thread Information