35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    92.44%
    Huh... That's weird that the code tags won't ignore the other BB codes. Oh well [noparse] it is then. Thanks DarkDragon.

On top of the world ShadowTiger's Avatar
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    60.28%
    Achievements It's over 9000!
    It's strange, actually. A while ago, [b][u][/b][/u] used to do the same thing as noparse - If placed inside a BB tag, it would display the actual BB tag without parsing it. Now the tag pairs eliminate themselves and let the tags parse again. I wonder what happened.

Doesn't matter or anything - just adding my thoughts.

State Of Love And Trust, United State Of Amorica.
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    37.55%
    I'm still hoping that somebody is going to move the misplaced quests from the 1.90 section of the database. if the screenshots show a map title other than "level 1" and the likes, it is not a 1.90 quest. if there are layered weather effects, it is not a 1.90 quest. I can't seem to find my previous posts about this issue.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    16.72%
    These are easy fixes if we know what the quest name is and what the proper version of ZC is. It is possible that the submission was sent with the wrong version of ZC selected. In that case the QDB managers really don't have time to confirm that information because unless we play it and look for little issues we can't tell from our end. Also it's been quite a while since I have used ZC so I am sure I have forgotten some of the differences between the alphas and betas myself.

Moral of the story - for anyone submitting quests to the QDB please make sure your ZC version is listed correctly to ensure your quest is playable!

State Of Love And Trust, United State Of Amorica.
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    37.55%
    I posted twice with a big list of which ones where mislabeled as 1.90 quests, but I can't seem to find the posts (the search here isn't easy for some reason). one of the places I posted such a list was in the Somewhere In Between thread, but I can't seem to find that at all. I'm not sure why that is... but if you view 1.90 quests by date, most of the listed quests from the past eight years are not really 1.90 quests.

edit: I found one of them. I tried to search for "somewhere between," but those words are reportedly "too common!" pssh! I tried to search for "database" by "trudatman," but somehow that failed to show this post in which I used the word "database." damn, our search flat out SUCKS, here. when I searched for posts by "Russ," I found this:

http://armageddongames.net/showthrea...l=1#post887747

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    16.72%
    Ok I took a look at them all. I can see there are some problems with the version on the submission. There could have been a processing error. The issue is the version is not stated in the description either. I would need the quest authors to contact me with the proper version numbers to make sure it does get changed correctly. A PM to me will do fine.

A general rule. Since the site has had so much happen to it, I would suggest that any active members that have submitted quests in the past double check their quest on the site. Make sure the basic info in the database is accurate to ensure when someone downloads a quest that it is playable with the recommended version of ZC.

Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    8.38%
    Quote Originally Posted by trudatman View Post
    I posted twice with a big list of which ones where mislabeled as 1.90 quests, but I can't seem to find the posts (the search here isn't easy for some reason). one of the places I posted such a list was in the Somewhere In Between thread, but I can't seem to find that at all. I'm not sure why that is... but if you view 1.90 quests by date, most of the listed quests from the past eight years are not really 1.90 quests.

edit: I found one of them. I tried to search for "somewhere between," but those words are reportedly "too common!" pssh! I tried to search for "database" by "trudatman," but somehow that failed to show this post in which I used the word "database." damn, our search flat out SUCKS, here. when I searched for posts by "Russ," I found this:

http://armageddongames.net/showthrea...l=1#post887747
    Are all of these 2.10 quests?

Armageddon Task Manager

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    12%
    Found a slightly convenient way to sort through existing spam users. (It lists all members, but shows their signatures too.) Wish I had used this method before deleting all homepages, but what can you do.

330 spam account removed.

All spam should be removed from AGN. (Other than spam that slipped through the cracks in threads several pages back. If you see any, report please.)

Still plan on pruning members who haven't logged in for at least a year and have less than 10 posts all the way through August 2013.
    Last edited by ctrl-alt-delete; 10-17-2012 at 09:37 AM.

<SUCCESSOR> Its Shadowblazer's dark essence invading the forums

Armageddon Task Manager

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    12%
    I know it probably seems like we haven't been working, but most things have been behind the scenes. Here are some updates you may not have noticed:

Darkdragon fixed a problem with uploading quests to the database.
    Uploaded 61 missing quests to the QDB. We still have 145 quests that are going to be uploaded once we take care of some small maintenance. Also updated/fixed broken links to 36 quests in the QDB. @SUCCESSOR and @DarkDragon were major contributors.
    Coded an upload page for Triforce Quest so that others can help run the game. rocksfan13 has been doing an excellent job.
    Created new forums for the return of Shattered Earth. @MasterSwordUltima will have more concerning this soon.
    Consolidated the ZC Scripting forums.
    Restored access to AGN emails. This helps with users attempting to contact us, hacks, etc.
    Made a few staff changes.

That's all I can think of for right now, other than the threads we've created in this forum with announcements. We're hard at work, and still have some surprises coming.

As always, post here if you have any suggestions or problems.

<SUCCESSOR> Its Shadowblazer's dark essence invading the forums

Mentioned
    152 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    51.93%
    We also updated information and links on ZC.com. Nothing most would notice but it was done.

Thread Information