Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    36.43%

ZC - Screen Size

I really want to be able to play ZC in 960 x 720 screen resolution. I can have the screen size of ZQ in 960 x 720 screen resolution but not ZC. I have an Acer Laptop which has a widescreen display. I can't play them in full-screen because it will either stretch out to take up the screen or the screen will be too small. I just cannot get ZC to be in the same screen size as ZQ can. If I have ZC in 800 x 600, the pixels will get distorted and uneven. Will it hurt to add in the 960 x 720 screen resolution option in ZCL? I just would like to play ZC in a window big enough and easy on the eyes.

Thanks!

majaczek
    it won't hurt to add resolution in launcher, but it hurts that zelda classic has internal limits about resolution (and this is hardcoded)
    so adding res in launcher is not enough, it needs currently more work. if it would be just launcher you will be able to run ZC by commandline with res.
    currently the internal limit for screen size is 800x600 pixels. (so eg. it can have display of 1600x1200 with cloned pixels, which would help people with big screens to not have blurred vision, even if it was 800x600 logical pixels, because it's limit fro screen size, not for the buffer).

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    19.05%
    I'd like to throw out there a request for support for scaling the games display up to 1280x960.
    Computer specifications:
    Windows 10 Pro x64 | Intel Core i7 @ 2.66GHZ | Asus P6T Motherboard | 6GB DDR3 RAM | Integrated Sound | Nvidia Geforce 560 Ti 2048MB PCI-E | Corsair AX760 Power Supply | Thermaltake Armor+ MX case

majaczek
    franpa, maybe consider easier to implement feature: Double Mode. internally it would still work like now, the only change willl be that final blitter will change each pixel to square of 2x2 pixels. so 1600x1200 (double_big) will be supported and double_small whatever pixel it has. symetrical cloning of pixels is fastest algorithm of scaling (but has limited use)

EDIT: I suppose that engine has at least mechanism of double buffer? My approach wouldn't work if game reads pixels directly from real-screen buffer. my approach is easiest to implement postprocess filter (well multipling each pixel value by some constant value is easier but has almost no sense).
    Last edited by majaczek; 02-18-2012 at 03:24 PM.

The Time-Loop Continues ZC Developer
    Mentioned
    259 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    26.16%
    I'll take a look at allowing any arbitrary window size. I don't know how this will affect menus though...
    This post contains the official Gleeok seal of approval. Look for these and other posts in an area near you.

The Time-Loop Continues ZC Developer
    Mentioned
    259 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    26.16%
    Alright I got it. Should be able to handle any weird size window you want now. There is no limit to screen scaling anymore.

Be sure and test it thoroughly!!
    This post contains the official Gleeok seal of approval. Look for these and other posts in an area near you.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    19.05%
    Computer specifications:
    Windows 10 Pro x64 | Intel Core i7 @ 2.66GHZ | Asus P6T Motherboard | 6GB DDR3 RAM | Integrated Sound | Nvidia Geforce 560 Ti 2048MB PCI-E | Corsair AX760 Power Supply | Thermaltake Armor+ MX case

Gibdo
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    36.43%
    Thank you so much, Gleeok, I can't wait for the next build to release to finally play ZC in a big enough screen. Many people with widescreen or newest laptop users will greatly appreciate this! Good work.

Keese
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    3.27%
    Many people with widescreen or newest laptop users will greatly appreciate this! Good work.
    I know i will :)

Thread Information