User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: What can we expect from 2.5?

Count SymphoniC
    That's exactly what I'm talking about, you provide meaningful information. You help out more than just banning adbots. Thank you for the 'Link' haha.

I swear I've played your NES style Link's Awakening, wow that was you? I remember browsing through random quests some time ago and the NES Link's Awakening you did really stood out to me, instant download. Instead of making it look more modern, you made it look more retro. That's creative to me.

It's fairly easy for me to compose Zelda style music. I'm actually used to composing some really intricate stuff. My native genre is a unique blend of Jazz, Classical, Metal, and Electronica. Everyone says it sounds like a movie soundtrack, or sometimes like Beethoven... but Koji Kondo is a major influence in my repertoire, along with the likes of Final Fantasy's Nobuo Uematsu. But once you understand Koji's style of composing and how he structures his music and you understand music theory it's very doable to compose and arrange Zelda music. Doing dungeoun music is usually the easiest. Older Zelda games tend to rely on simpler patterns, the more modern Zeldas however do have some simple patterns, but there's also a lot of atmospheric stuff going on to draw the listener into the experience. It depends on the era of the Zelda game really. But generally if it's older, it's simpler, if it's more recent, it's composed in a similar style, there's just more instruments doing more things.

By the way, I know that ZClassic uses NES chiptunes! Is there a way we can use Gameboy chiptunes? I should be able to find the neccessary tools to compose GB chiptunes if I don't already have them. But if not, can't we use .mp3's or .wav's for the soundtrack? I can render the Gameboy'ized music into an .mp3 or whatever after I'm done composing.

The Artist Once Known As Old-Skool QDB Manager
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    33.86%
    Yeah, think so. It can use multiple "console specific" file formats like NSF and SFC, but it can also use MP3s if the chiptune is just saved as one of those. So, yeah probably

Mentioned
    88 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    33.86%
    Quote Originally Posted by xxzy View Post
    I wish I was still into programming. I would jump right into this project and help develop engine "modules". To give the quest maker the ability to choose Zelda engines to suit his/her needs for the style of the game. It seems as if the programmers chose to add on to the original Zelda engine, rather than write new engines and add them as selectable options, but really as organized as that would be, I think it would take much longer to do it that way.

cheap tera gold
    WOW Gold
    Buy Tera Gold

Hi. Don't post links like that anymore. In fact if you have anything else lying around like that anywhere on this forum remove it now.

Gibdo
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    14.54%
    Quote Originally Posted by Count SymphoniC View Post
    Also of similar importance and on the same lines that I'm sure everyone has noticed in official Zelda games... is within Dialogue, Nintendo highlights key hints in dialogue usually in red. For eg... "If you head west of here, you'll find such and such temple." (Nintendo uses these red highlights to provide the player hints in the quest and story.) This is a subtle but unarguably powerful feature, and could most certainly contribute to users making quality quests.
    You can make it the same way they do it with mods on bukkit enabled Minecraft SMP servers where you can color the text on a sign.

Mentioned
    88 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    33.86%
    I already informed him of this.

Thread Information