User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: I am seeking a partner for my quest project

State Of Love And Trust, United State Of Amorica.
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    37.63%

I am seeking a partner for my quest project

I've never used any versions of Zelda Classic other than 1.90. I am planning to convert my demo of HowHigh2 into a 2.50 quest. I have most of the planning done, but I will need a partner to accomplish what I have in mind. there would be plenty of room for creative use of any skills you may have for composing songs, scripting tricks, enemy design and more. I will likely handle most of the graphics and screen building, but I need help with 2.50 badly enough to accept partnership in nearly any form(s). the project isn't too expansive (one overworld, one "dungeon") and will likely only require a couple of scripts and a few songs. check out the demo (linked from my signature) and envision most of the graphics being replaced with more realistic-looking sprites and tiles. then imagine yourself being a driving force in this thing being a masterpiece of adventure.

anyway, this thread used to be about all of my projects, but I have converted it into this plea for partnership. holler at your boy.
    Last edited by trudatman; 07-06-2013 at 11:43 AM.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    37.63%

now that I am banned from PureZC, I will be bothering y'all a bit more. please try these demos and respond. thanks.

why should that mean this project is dead? Maybe tru would be willing to work on it and finish it even without the forums? It's not like we "turned our back on him", that's not what a ban even means. All it is is his way of socializing disagrees with ours; he may get along very well in some other web community, it just happens that here isn't that place.

For all we know he could be more active at AGN from now on and continue to work on this quest on a quieter scale. I'd be disappointed if the ban cancelled this quest, even though I was only mildly interested in it.
    nothing is canceled and "active at AGN" seems oxymoronic, but here I am. how do I get anybody to care? ghost town!
    Last edited by trudatman; 06-13-2012 at 11:39 AM.

Armageddon Task Manager

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    12.03%

<SUCCESSOR> Its Shadowblazer's dark essence invading the forums

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    37.63%
    that is a thing (and a post the kids would call off-topic). requested, as remain those from above, even if they are just based on the screenshots. click it.

Armageddon Task Manager

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    12.03%
    Post the screenshots to the group. They'll get more attention there. That's where 95% of the activity is nowadays.

Also, you're not banned from the PZC Facebook group. Use that resource as well.

<SUCCESSOR> Its Shadowblazer's dark essence invading the forums

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    37.63%
    they banned me from chat and my topics are still on their board, so I think posting repetitive stuff to the faceybooky group would be a good way to get deleted from that, too. a post in the AGN group, though... yeah, maybe. thanks for the encouragement.

I'm hoping somebody with an active Pure account will update the Stick Zelda quest project thread over there. if you want to help, here is where you would do that: http://www.purezc.com/forums/index.p...ic=49027&st=45
    Last edited by trudatman; 05-19-2012 at 07:10 PM.

pink77punk
    Hi. I tried out the 'how high' quest and it looked like a fun quest, although it seemed a bit hard for me.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    37.63%
    word. well, thanks for replying (with your first post) and feel free to try the demos... they are easier.

wow, I had a productive last few hours; the next demo that I thought would take weeks or months took just one day to prepare. this new Sticks And Stones demo has several new screens, a few new enemies and some new combos. the bow and arrows (wand) have been removed, but they will be back as the game progresses (probably in the next demo). it is plenty different, so check it out and let me know what you think.

http://trudatmangames.blogspot.com
    Last edited by trudatman; 06-13-2012 at 11:36 AM.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    37.63%
    I successfully updated HowHigh (1) with the music Wolfo made for it and may soon customize the music in the demos, too.

bumping this thing in hopes that somebody will wade through the spam, see this, play the HowHigh update (or the other quests' demos) and leave some comments. clicky the signature. HowHigh will likely take a whole day's worth of time, but the two demos may only require an hour, combined.

also, if anybody manages the database still (not likely, I know), feel free to update the HowHigh page. I'd suggest stealing all of the content straight form the PureZC database page, found here: http://www.purezc.com/index.php?page=quests&id=65

the Sticks And Stones quest was updated with a new demo. try it in 2.50(4)!

I am showing the enemies featured in the August, 2012, demo of Sticks And Stones here to make discussing them and referencing them easier for player, critic and questmaker, alike. the right way to do this is probably with animated gif images. oh, well.

some of the enemies will almost certainly be changing (the lynel's projectile is the thing most likely to change, as I mistakenly thought it was shared by ropes, but it is shared by stalfoses, if I am remembering correctly, so it no longer needs to look like poisonous spit) and others will almost certainly not be changing (the tektite is awesome, although I would consider altering the positions they move to, as side to side while not jumping may be better than how they currently bounce up and down). I have decided that the fleas will only be near the dogs and that the dogs will only be near the cops. adherence to those rules has yet to be completely enforced. help me with other stuff by posting comments, questions, critiques, suggestions and/or ideas for unused/undesigned/unlisted enemies.shown below are the "enemies" that currently inhabit the quest, excluding the bosses (both patras, which are swarms of bees flying around queen bees, and Gannon, who will still remain a surprise). any and all comments, questions, suggestions and/or whatever are appreciated.

bugs:
    tektite - flea
    moldorm - twenty bees in a swarm
    gel - spider
    octorock - dung beetle (spits dung)
    cracktorock - mutant dung beetle (spits radioactive waste)

animals:
    moblin - dog (throws bones)
    rope - snake
    dodongo - tortoise

undead:
    stalfos - headless zombie skeleton
    gibdo - zombie skeleton
    Last edited by trudatman; 08-21-2012 at 10:14 PM.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    37.63%
    cops:
    aquamentus - cop sleeping at the wheel of an armored car (shoots fireballs)
    ghini - clowncar ghost pig
    darknut - riot cop
    goriya - riot cop (throws boomerang)
    lynel - riot cop (shoots poison)
    armos statue - pig sleeping under a tree
    armos active - awakened pig

aircraft:
    peahat - helicopter drone
    large digdogger - large spacecraft
    small digdogger - small spacecraft

Thread Information