Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    33.4%

Life/Magic counters?

Okay so, even though ZC measures Life and magic using the same system it does for rupees and bombs, those two elements are still restricted to "meters". How difficult would (or could) it be to give questmakers the option to measure magic and life in numbers instead? when making a subscreen, the "counter" option does not give you the ability to measure life or magic with it, and this is kind of a pain when you need a lot of counters for different elements.

Mentioned
    150 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    1.3%
    The reverse would be pretty awesome too. Like a "Bomb" meter that a quest-maker could fashion like bomb bundles... which would deplete as they were used.

Seems like a great idea.

EDIT: I don't mean that the developers should actually MAKE meters for the other values. I meant that there should be an option to assign a meter graphic to ANY counter, just like you can assign a graphic to the life and magic counters.
    I'm an author. If you're interested in checking out my works, you can find them on Amazon.com:

The Artist Once Known As Old-Skool QDB Manager
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    33.4%
    Quote Originally Posted by Cjc7988 View Post
    The reverse would be pretty awesome too. Like a "Bomb" meter that a quest-maker could fashion like bomb bundles... which would deplete as they were used.

Seems like a great idea.

EDIT: I don't mean that the developers should actually MAKE meters for the other values. I meant that there should be an option to assign a meter graphic to ANY counter, just like you can assign a graphic to the life and magic counters.
    It's relatively easy to convert any counter to any other counter using scripts, but still should be available to anyone who doesn't feel like doing that. So, who knows

Mentioned
    150 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    1.3%
    Quote Originally Posted by Old-skool View Post
    It's relatively easy to convert any counter to any other counter using scripts, but still should be available to anyone who doesn't feel like doing that. So, who knows
    Well, yes, but that doesn't change the fact that I would only be able to have two meters. If I swapped the Bomb and Magic counters I would be able to make a "Bomb" meter, but I wouldn't be able to have a Magic meter anymore. It'd be cool if you could specify in the Sub-screen editor which counters have meters, which tiles those meters use, and how those meters deplete.

But I'm talking about making the counter system use a uniform setup interface, which would be a new feature. So shame on me.
    I'm an author. If you're interested in checking out my works, you can find them on Amazon.com:

Mentioned
    88 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    33.4%
    Yes, I know. And I like that idea. I'm totally for it, it's great. I'm just stating how it is right now, and I don't really see how you took that as anything against your idea.

Mentioned
    150 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    1.3%
    Quote Originally Posted by Old-skool View Post
    Yes, I know. And I like that idea. I'm totally for it, it's great. I'm just stating how it is right now, and I don't really see how you took that as anything against your idea.
    I just thought I had been unclear, since I tend to trip over my tongue. And I know you weren't snapping at the idea; I was just scolding myself because we aren't supposed to make suggestions until 2.5 is stable. And a 'Meter Editor' that lets you set all the properties of any counter-based ticker would definitely qualify as "a feature suggestion".

Mentioned
    88 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    33.4%
    Quote Originally Posted by Cjc7988 View Post
    I just thought I had been unclear, since I tend to trip over my tongue. And I know you weren't snapping at the idea; I was just scolding myself because we aren't supposed to make suggestions until 2.5 is stable. And a 'Meter Editor' that lets you set all the properties of any counter-based ticker would definitely qualify as "a feature suggestion".
    People continue making suggestions for ZC all the time, regardless of that rule. :p I mean, look at what this thread is all about. Besides, we are into the release candidates, now.
    Last edited by King Aquamentus; 08-06-2011 at 04:26 PM.

Thread Information