User Tag List

Thread: So, what's the deal with the new default music?

Octorok
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    73.22%

So, what's the deal with the new default music?

I'm sure this has been asked before, but I don't remember the explanation. For some reason the default three music tracks (Zelda 1's actual music) have been replaced in ZQuest with remixes, and this even affects old quests that used them but oddly not 1st.qst and such. No offense to whoever made the remixes, but as someone who has a very strong preference for the authentic originals and generally isn't a fan of remixing game music, I find it kinda a roadblock since I was going to test a few of my old quests in the RC build but find I can't progress if I'm going to have to listen to these remixes the whole time (I just won't). This clearly was a deliberate decision and not just a bug but... why? I can I suppose just find the real music online; it's probably not hard to find, but this seriously does not make sense to me.

Octorok
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    0.1%
    The original music is found in zelda.nsf (it can be loaded as enhanced music), though I don't know what some of the individual tracks correspond to.

EDIT: For instance, track 3 is overworld, track 4 is dungeon.

Thread Information