User Tag List

Thread: Bug in the Enemy editor. Can't unselect "Use Palette CSet".

Lynel
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    56.82%

Bug in the Enemy editor. Can't unselect "Use Palette CSet".

For whatever reason, every time I uncheck the box next to "Use Pal CSet", it does not save the change. After I hit okay, and go back in, it will still be checked. As a result, and maybe even more of the bug, I can't change the CSet from anything but 13. This 'bug' would be tolerable if it would work when I select CSet 8.

So, I'm asking if this is a known issue, or a bug, and, if it is not, and I'm derping something up, how do I get my Patra to use CSet 8?

Another unrelated question I have is where can you edit/ set the sprites used for the Patra "eyes"?

Thank you.

EDIT: Oops, I did not mean to post this in this part of the forum >.> Sorry about that.

Octorok
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    0.56%
    Uncheck the "Use Pal CSet" box and then set the Patra's CSet to 8. The change should be saved then. Apparently, both need to be done at once.

The sprites for the eyes can be changed by modifying the "Eye offset" and "Eye CSet" (on the Data 2 tab). Eye offset is the number of tiles difference between the base Patra sprite and the base eye sprite.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    52.67%
    Quote Originally Posted by Anthus View Post

Another unrelated question I have is where can you edit/ set the sprites used for the Patra "eyes"?
    Patras do not use special tiles. Misc. Attribute 8 determines what tiles are used for the eyes, and is treated as an offset from the tiles used by the enemy itself. And Misc. Attribute 9 determines what CSet the eyes use. If you make the enemy itself use an Extra Sprite Palette, then the eyes will use the enemy's Extra Sprite Palette if Misc. 9 is set to 14.

Lynel
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    56.82%
    Okay, thanks guys. So I guess it's not a bug as much as it is just an oddity.

Thread Information