2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    37.24%
    Thanks to the people who tried that one out. I think I've got a better handle on the situation. Try this now:

http://l.j-factor.com/zeldaclassic/ZC-250rc1-OSX.tgz

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    41.59%
    Wait. So.... ZC 2.5 is in its near-final stages? I might just have to do some heavy testing now...

EDIT: Heh, I think I already found a swimming bug. I'll post it later once I've fleshed it out.
    My quests:
    End of Time - First quest, uses classic graphics (Help/discussion thread)
    Link to the Heavens - Second quest, uses Pure tileset (YouTube LP | Help/discussion thread)
    End of Time DX - Remake of my first quest (YouTube LP | Help/discussion thread)

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    74.8%
    So, once you clear all of these bugs which it seems like you are close, I will be playing my HoD through it to see if it plays through. Since this one kinda stopped when the ladder bug happened. But this is definitely getting closer to a stable release, I am excited.

The Artist Once Known As Old-Skool QDB Manager
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    33.03%
    On the subject of the broken ladder combos, the Solid pushblocks quest rule used to ignore solid combos that were ladder or ladder/hookshot based, and allow you to push a block onto them (thus allowing you to make a bridge over otherwise unwalkable pits or lava or what have you). Now, not only can those ladder combos not be crossed, but you can't push onto them either. It's possible this will find itself fixed when the ladder combo is, but if that isn't the case, I said it here first.

In addition, after screwing around with it for personal curiosity, one of the ZC Devs said they'd set Lanmola back to normal so it would not obey sideview gravity (which it doesn't really work well in, being extremely easy. Originally it appeared to crawl along walls instead.) This has not yet happened

Octorok
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    98.9%
    If I understand correctly, script weapons no longer obey sideview gravity, but zscript.txt still claims they do (in the weapon section).

Also, in std.zh, we have this:

float Choose(float a, float b, float c, float d, float e, float f) {
    int r = Rand(5);
    if (r==0) return a;
    else if (r==1) return b;
    else if (r==2) return c;
    else if (r==3) return d;
    else if (r==4) return e;
    else return f;
    }
    Value f will never be chosen.

Here lies mero. Died by his own dumbassitude.
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    13.96%
    Two more things. Zoras getting there life refilled when submerging was a bug in the original nes. There should be a quest rule to fix this. Second, I forgot what I was gonna say next.

EDIT: I remember now, enemy boomerangs DO NOT hurt link as they return. This was a bug in the original version and we should have a quest rule to fix this.

Developer
    ZC Developer

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    37.24%
    Quote Originally Posted by Old-skool View Post
    On the subject of the broken ladder combos, the Solid pushblocks quest rule used to ignore solid combos that were ladder or ladder/hookshot based, and allow you to push a block onto them (thus allowing you to make a bridge over otherwise unwalkable pits or lava or what have you). Now, not only can those ladder combos not be crossed, but you can't push onto them either. It's possible this will find itself fixed when the ladder combo is, but if that isn't the case, I said it here first.
    I don't think this has been true since 2.10, or possibly earlier. Maybe you're thinking of Block Hole functionality?

The Artist Once Known As Old-Skool QDB Manager
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    33.03%
    No, I'm not. Solid Pushblocks is supposed to ignore the unwalkability of an adjacent combo if it is a ladder or ladder/hookshot combo. It's been in Zero Quest DX well since I started working on it in betas. now it is gone

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    18.73%
    Quote Originally Posted by blackbishop89 View Post
    Two more things. Zoras getting there life refilled when submerging was a bug in the original nes. There should be a quest rule to fix this. Second, I forgot what I was gonna say next.

EDIT: I remember now, enemy boomerangs DO NOT hurt link as they return. This was a bug in the original version and we should have a quest rule to fix this.
    Stop suggesting new rules be created to counter NES behavior. Each time you do so you end up making a "suggestion" and no more suggestions are being accepted. If you have a bug with an existing feature or a feature is incomplete, then report it.
    Computer specifications:
    Windows 10 Pro x64 | Intel Core i7 @ 2.66GHZ | Asus P6T Motherboard | 6GB DDR3 RAM | Integrated Sound | Nvidia Geforce 560 Ti 2048MB PCI-E | Corsair AX760 Power Supply | Thermaltake Armor+ MX case

Developer
    ZC Developer

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    37.24%
    Quote Originally Posted by Old-skool View Post
    No, I'm not. Solid Pushblocks is supposed to ignore the unwalkability of an adjacent combo if it is a ladder or ladder/hookshot combo. It's been in Zero Quest DX well since I started working on it in betas. now it is gone
    Which beta did that happen in?

Thread Information