User Tag List

Thread: a few questions about zquest

joshofchicobo

a few questions about zquest

I used Zelda Classic when it first came out and then my computer crashed and I haven't been able to get back into creating quests until recently. I am using beta build 1296 on windows 7 and have been having a few troubles.

First, I decided to make a quest using the zelda 3-esque rules when prompted at the beginning. I am using the original tile set and every time I set up a special item room, it doesn't work out right. What I did was make screen 24 my starting screen. That isn't a problem except where the starting point is. Is that the green square still? Next I make a cave on the screen and put a cave entrance and set the tile warp to go to screen 80, with a custom message string, ama, and a sword. I also set the cave exit point as the blue square labeled A, is that right on the cave exit point?
    When I test the quest, my starting screen has everything from the special item room on that screen and when I go to the cave I go to a room filled with bats. A picture of the starting screen is attached.
    What am I doing wrong?
    I really want to get back into making quests, but I just can't get past this for some reason.
    thanks for any help

Hacking up an Octorock
    QDB Manager
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    28.15%
    Usually, the item room is already defaulted to room 80. So no warp type is needed.
    It almost sounds like you have the warp set up as a passageway. Make sure this is set to cave/item room.
    All that needs set is the room type, special item, and message string.
    You do that on the screen you intend to enter the item room from. Do nothing to screen 80 except what you want it to look like.
    The ZC.com Database is alive!!
    __________________________________________________ _____

Curent Quest(s) :
    The Ring of Time.
    Working on whistle village.
    __________________________________________________ ______

Need help with bridges? Check out my tutorial HERE

Thread Information