User Tag List

Thread: The Lv3 Goriya (and various frustrations with enemy weapons)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    52.33%

The Lv3 Goriya (and various frustrations with enemy weapons)

Hmm, maybe the title is a bit misleading, but...

I'm trying to create an enemy (in the Enemy Editor, of course), a normal walking one, that spits fireballs aimed at Link, same way a Zora would only it walks around like most normal enemies instead of being a boss or a special type or something. (If at all possible, I'm trying to get the enemy to use the "1 Shot (End Halt)" shot type.) The problem is that the enemy only shoots fireballs in straight lines in the direction its facing, the same way an Octorok or a Lynel would. This is not what I want. (Ah, and it does this with both the "Fireball" and "Fireball (Rising)" weapons.)

I experimented a little, and nothing I tried would work. What I noticed during my experimentation was rather peculiar; the Level 3 Goriya, the one that throws Boomerangs aimed at Link, had nothing different set on it from the other two Goriya types (which throw in a straight line) other than "1 Shot (Rapid Fire)" instead of "1 Shot", which shouldn't have the effect of changing its physics like that-- especially since when I set my fireball-spitting enemy to "1 Shot (Rapid Fire)", it did NOT cause the fireballs to aim for Link, it simply sped up the speed it spat them in straight lines. o_o

Another thing: I set my fireball-spitting enemy to "8 Shots" Death Type, so when you kill it it would burst into 8 fireballs, right? Well, when the shot type is "Fireball (Rising)" and it dies, the 8 fireballs DO fire in Link's direction! But when the enemy spits them regularly, they don't!

I tested this further, and created a different enemy (modified the Red Wizzrobe, as it was handy) to "8 Shots" with its normal attack. For some UNGODLY REASON, no matter what I set its weapon to (even "Fireball" or "Fireball (Rising"), the 8 shots would NOT FIRE IN LINK'S DIRECTION.

This is really the most needlessly convoluted and logic-defying ZC goose chase I have ever been on. X____x

So, since nothing works except for the exact opposite way I expect, can anyone suggest what I should do? I need my normal Walking Enemy to spit Fireballs aimed at Link. The continuation of my project hinges on this battle-- I must not lose!

Thanks in advance.

EDIT - I got it to work, after nearly 7 hours of straight, coffee-induced FFC scripting-- one of the most challenging endeavors I've ever faced in ZC. Hot damn. There really ought to be a better way though, as not everyone will be able to pull off what I just did...
    --Schwa

Go here for updates on my Quest project: Molka Elite.
    Here is my first finished Quest: Molka. Ranked with 4.5 stars on PureZC.

Is this the end?
    ZC Developer
    Mentioned
    178 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    70.27%
    The different options' proper behaviors aren't very well defined, but they do seem rather inconsistent. Maybe there should be some changes here.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    52.33%
    Giving it some thought, I decided maybe the weirdness has a lot to do with EWeapons hardcodedly defined as "Angular" or "Non-Angular" from the Enemy Editor and its mechanics. I mean that's pretty much the core of all the issues I encountered-- the script I wrote to work spawns the enemy's fireball weapons as "Angular" directly on top of the enemy's X,Y position (and then a seperate function makes it fire towards Link).

If you guys are going to tweak stuff, I hope this helps. ^^;;
    --Schwa

Go here for updates on my Quest project: Molka Elite.
    Here is my first finished Quest: Molka. Ranked with 4.5 stars on PureZC.

Thread Information