Tagged
    9 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    66.69%
    Quote Originally Posted by Freedom View Post
    A mans word should be as good online as it is in the flesh, sadly some people don't believe that.
    The fault doesn't lay with those who take someones word, but to those who don't keep their word, in whatever environment.
    It's sad that you have lost site of that.
    You gotta remember I joined the army. They're really good at promising you one thing, then fucking you up the ass later. I trust no one anymore.
    Talga Vassternich -- Deserve Victory

--------------------------------------------------------

Check out my YouTube channel! I'm doing video game reviews and retrospectives from the NES/SNES eras.
    I also now have a webpage: www.braselthegamer.com
    Contributor for Gaming Rebellion! Columnist of the new series Breakdown!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    88.24%
    I'm a viet nam era veteran
    trusting someone to keep their word and holding them to their word are two different things.
    I was there before they started using grease.
    :O)

ZC information I've compiled and my quests
    Adventure Tileset
    Elise's Zelda Classic

Don't ever buy an MTD Product, it's cheap over-priced garbage

O_o?
    ZC Developer
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    95.42%
    Quote Originally Posted by Freedom View Post
    Anthony
    after you invest a SEVERAL years of your time beta testing and wasting YOUR fucking time, THEN you can say something to those of us who have and feel betrayed after being promised time after time a stable release for all of our hard FUCKING FREE efforts.
    Until then STFU, you haven't contributed shit so who are you to tell those of us who have how to feel or what to think.
    How about instead of you bitching and moaning about there is no stable build out and just join the dev team and finish it yourself. I'm lucky enough to barely have time on the internet. My job, my girlfriend, and my little business takes up most of my time in life. People move on to better things and apparently you are still beating on a dead horse.

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony View Post
    Well, then I thank you for working towards the current state of the program and I'm sorry that you've wasted so much time. I'm going to be honest, I wouldn't have put so much time and effort into an online collaborative effort because I would be afraid it would come to the same end. I still stand by the fact that the developers are human, have lives outside of coding this project and don't have any real duty to their users. Whatever man, I guess all I can say is that I don't understand getting bent out of shape over trusting people I don't know in person...and free video games, no matter how much time you've invested in it. So I'll go ahead and STFU and continue enjoying the program when I have time to between working, going to school, doing reserve time, playing in a band, and living my life away from the computer and let sleeping dogs lie.
    Amen to that.
    Discord: Deviance#9729

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    19.08%
    Well early on in development all that was happening was new features being added and debugged. With the introduction of scripting and the idea of changing everything to be dependent on it, there is no end in site. Why? Because there is always more script functionality to be added or existing functionality to be re-factored or updated. Changing everything to depend on scripting did nothing but introduce tons of obvious and obscure bugs and made it all temperamental and easy to create new bugs either obvious or obscure without intention while fixing another bug.
    Computer specifications:
    Windows 10 Pro x64 | Intel Core i7 @ 2.66GHZ | Asus P6T Motherboard | 6GB DDR3 RAM | Integrated Sound | Nvidia Geforce 560 Ti 2048MB PCI-E | Corsair AX760 Power Supply | Thermaltake Armor+ MX case

Keese
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    3.42%
    Why don't you guys launch a stable version without script an then keep working on the scripts?! or something like that :p

There are pretty cool quests without scripting

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    78.14%
    Or better yet, focus just on the bug fixing that has nothing to do with scripting, make an official release, with a warning about scripting, and then finally focus on the scripting more. Is that at least doable in any sort of way, or it is just too entangled with everything else to even make that possible? And if it is possible, is the leadership there to make sure it gets done that way? More than half of ZC's existence at this point has been post-2.10 development. Is there any way to convince anybody that has at least a hair of realism that there will ever be another stable release of ZC, at least outside of scripting? Unless the right leadership is ever there on the development team, I can't fathom any of it happening, seeing where things are now. I understand this is amateur work, and people only do this on their spare time as a hobby, people have lives, yada yada yada, point taken, point understood, and that is fine and dandy. Nevertheless, I have to admit I can understand Freedom's frustrations, which have gone on for years, and I know he is far from the only one, despite the larger crowd of people posting in this thread against him or anybody who sympathizes with that. It will never be a pleasant thing to discuss, because it is what it is, but sometimes things need to be said, pretty much.

Is this the end?
    ZC Developer
    Mentioned
    178 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    70.05%
    Honestly, I think scripting might be the least entangled thing in the code. It's really pretty self-contained.
    We're all ready to be finished with this. Once the crashes and other critical bugs are fixed, it's basically done.

Keese
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    3.42%
    Quote Originally Posted by Saffith View Post
    Honestly, I think scripting might be the least entangled thing in the code. It's really pretty self-contained.
    We're all ready to be finished with this. Once the crashes and other critical bugs are fixed, it's basically done.
    Cool Thanks i think :p

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    55.42%
    There's only 16 bugs in the Open Beta Bugs forum, excluding NES inconsistencies. That's the lowest I've ever seen it!

Gibdo
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    36.5%
    You guys are doing a well job on fixing the bugs and whatever you are doing. Sorry for the pressure or inconvenience it may caused. I just haven't seen much forum activity lately. That's all. Thanks for the shardstorm changlog system which is a very awesome choice made. It help me and everyone to see what bugs it has been fixed.

Thread Information