Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    36.43%

Where did everyone go?

It seems like everybody just quit posting here these days. What's going on? did the community just lose interest of this project or what is the deal here? Maybe they went on vacation? I hope the AGN members livens up soon. I bet the stable 2.5 will release when the pigs fly.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    88.2%
    You're beating a dead horse man.
    read the change log, look at what has been and is being done.
    there is no effort being made towards a stable release and there hasn't been for several years now.
    People testing gave up because there was no reward for their hard work, and they were being lied to about a stable release being "any day now" only for it to drag on some 6 years.
    People building quests quit because the betas would corrupt their quests and even if they did manage to release one places like pure wouldn't host it.
    whole tile sets were being destroyed and corrupted.
    Building a quality quest became far too time consuming to make it worth while since work had to be done over and over again because of corruptions and changes in the betas.
    even the most optimistic had to finally see the light that it is history.
    I know that's not what you want to hear, but it's just the way it is.
    This horse is dead.
    :O)

ZC information I've compiled and my quests
    Adventure Tileset
    Elise's Zelda Classic

Don't ever buy an MTD Product, it's cheap over-priced garbage

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    66.65%
    If you're lucky, you'll see a tumbleweed or two. It's sad, really. So much potential. I came back for a bit of nostalgia and started work on a new quest. I had been sticking around AGN from time to time, but hadn't checked in on ZC in a long time. I was suprised to find out that its still in beta stages. The only thing I can guess is that the developers feel much the same way that Freedom says the bugtesters fealt. Theres no real reward for this project. These developers probably have lives and jobs and much more important things to deal with than this program.

*knock on wood* The 1296 beta has been fairly stable for me so far. I'm not jumping to the latest until I test it out a bit first, though. I'm not holding my breath for a final release any time soon, but I'll keep checking in and doing a bit of bug testing every so often to help reach the eventual goal.

I'd love to see this project bringing people in droves back to AGN like it was back in 2002 and 2003. Those were fun times.
    Talga Vassternich -- Deserve Victory

--------------------------------------------------------

Check out my YouTube channel! I'm doing video game reviews and retrospectives from the NES/SNES eras.
    I also now have a webpage: www.braselthegamer.com
    Contributor for Gaming Rebellion! Columnist of the new series Breakdown!

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    52.6%
    Yeah, I agree with all of you guys. If they ever had the time to release a stable 2.5, they would have done it years ago! I don't mean to be blunt, but I on the other hand, think they should just cancel the stable 2.5 release and begin the rewrite right now, seeing as the latest 2.5 betas have been as unstable as hell...
    And as to any of you who import maps from other quests, do not download build 1313, because in that build, the first thing importing maps results in is corrupting your maps, then it will crash ZQuest after a few times, and yes, the bug has been confirmed.

Besides, I've been brainstorming a boatload of ideas for version after 2.5, some I would implement if I had any knowledge of the code.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    68.04%
    I agree 100% that a release is due, but that makes no sense to completely scrap it. If they were to drop it right now for the rewrite, they'd at least release what they have as the official version, no reason to let all that work go to waste.
    Creator of:

INFO | VIDEOS | PICS | YOUTUBE

~Less is More~

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    52.6%
    I wasn't saying that it should be scrapped, I was just saying they should start the rewrite now even if it means admitting defeat and releasing an unstable 2.5.
    But if they do release a stable 2.5 anytime soon, perhaps they should fix the Import Map bugs and make all the bug fixes Dark Nation keeps forgetting to commit.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    88.2%
    This is too funny
    If they can't finish what they have, what makes you think they could start it from new and then finish it?
    ROFLOL
    :O)

ZC information I've compiled and my quests
    Adventure Tileset
    Elise's Zelda Classic

Don't ever buy an MTD Product, it's cheap over-priced garbage

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    52.6%
    Yeah, and think of all the features _L_ had planned, but had to put on hold indefinitely. The point is, the final 2.5 release will still be unfinished when it comes out.

Developer
    ZC Developer

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    37.65%
    I think most of the genuinely significant features (such as enemy attributes / defenses) have managed to creep inside over the years in slightly humbler forms. I'm not dissatisfied with what features we've got now.

Also, there is only one Import Map bug. I know what's causing it but, currently, not how to fix it. I trust another developer can provide illumination. Other than that 1313 has less crashes than the previous builds, courtesy of Saffith.

And since you're wondering: the release candidate will be created when Saffith or one of the other fellows decides that enough of the mysterious irregular crashes have been fixed, and when Joe123 grows bored with tinkering with the script engine. And when the verified crashes such as the aforementioned are fixed. And, after all that, when either Dark Nation or jman2050 decides to do it.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    66.65%
    Quote Originally Posted by _L_ View Post
    I think most of the genuinely significant features (such as enemy attributes / defenses) have managed to creep inside over the years in slightly humbler forms. I'm not dissatisfied with what features we've got now.

Also, there is only one Import Map bug. I know what's causing it but, currently, not how to fix it. I trust another developer can provide illumination. Other than that 1313 has less crashes than the previous builds, courtesy of Saffith.

And since you're wondering: the release candidate will be created when Saffith or one of the other fellows decides that enough of the mysterious irregular crashes have been fixed, and when Joe123 grows bored with tinkering with the script engine. And when the verified crashes such as the aforementioned are fixed. And, after all that, when either Dark Nation or jman2050 decides to do it.
    That doesn't sound like too much longer. I know you guys probably have a lot on your plates besides this side project, so it'll probably still be awhile. Keep chugging away and thanks for not completely bailing on the project. I know a lot of people are out for your heads over this, but they need to chill and realize that Zelda Classic isn't the meaning of life, and the developers have lives that revolve around more important things than this.
    Talga Vassternich -- Deserve Victory

--------------------------------------------------------

Check out my YouTube channel! I'm doing video game reviews and retrospectives from the NES/SNES eras.
    I also now have a webpage: www.braselthegamer.com
    Contributor for Gaming Rebellion! Columnist of the new series Breakdown!

Thread Information