Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    20.56%

2.10 vs. 2.5 betas

Since the 2.5 betas are subject to crashes, bugs, and other instabilities, I wonder if there is anybody still using 2.10 to make quests. Will any issues arise if you begin with 2.10 and then add some things from the latest 2.5 beta (providing that you back up the quest)?

Also, does anyone know how much more the developers have to do before 2.5 is officially released?

Lynel
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    56.55%
    Quote Originally Posted by LinkMaster500 View Post
    Since the 2.5 betas are subject to crashes, bugs, and other instabilities, I wonder if there is anybody still using 2.10 to make quests. Will any issues arise if you begin with 2.10 and then add some things from the latest 2.5 beta (providing that you back up the quest)?
    Yes, people still use 2.10, but most people who still actively use it use the new 2.10.2 which fixes some minor bugs (including the imfamous "MIDI bug"). As for upgrading to a new 2.5 build, it's hard to say how buggy it will be, as this largely depends on the quest itself such as what features you use. I've been building a classic quest in the 1204, and it has not crashed once. but yeah, it is always important to back-up your quests. I prefer to do it manually, by copying the file since ZC can mess up back-ups too.

However, it seems that people how continuously upgrade from version to version have more problems.

Quote Originally Posted by LinkMaster500 View Post
    Also, does anyone know how much more the developers have to do before 2.5 is officially released?
    From my understanding, they are done adding features, and all that is left now is bug testing.

Thread Information