Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    24.32%

50158 tiles issue

I've been working on a quest for awhile, using a small upgraded NewFirst tileset. Maybe had 5000 combos or so. Well, one day I opened up a tileset that had 50,158 combos in it. I opened my quest after, and now it has to load 50,158 combos on the loading screen, even though the filesize remains unchanged from its previous size. I'm using 2.10v1, but this also seems to happen in the recent builds... any help?
    Revival of Link - coming... I don't know. 90% finished and lost motivation to build after a sudden increase in interest

&&
    ZC Developer
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    8.74%
    Yeah, some kind of dodgy combo corruption bug. I've had it happen to me before too, luckily it only corrupts the unused combos but I agree that it's a bit of a pain.
    I'm afraid the only real way to deal with it is to go down the list and delete all the garbage combos...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    24.32%
    You see, theres the problem. There aren't any garbage combos. There aren't even any besides the already set ones. It just acts as though there are... unless for some strange reason they were all blank black tiles...
    Revival of Link - coming... I don't know. 90% finished and lost motivation to build after a sudden increase in interest

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    41.96%
    This happened to me all the time when creating Link to the Heavens and End of Time DX. I suggest carefully checking every combo until the very last one. Sometimes the garbage combo is all black and kind of hard to see, but it should be there. I'd alway have a garbage combo form on the very last page, so I had to scroll alllllllll the way through pages of empty combos to get to it.

Oh, and if I may ask, Joe123, is this bug fixed at all in 2.5? I haven't done extensive quest building in 2.5 yet.
    My quests:
    End of Time - First quest, uses classic graphics (Help/discussion thread)
    Link to the Heavens - Second quest, uses Pure tileset (YouTube LP | Help/discussion thread)
    End of Time DX - Remake of my first quest (YouTube LP | Help/discussion thread)

Lynel
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    56.82%
    You can press Ctrl+End in the tile screen to get to page 255.

Anyway, I've been told that one cause for this is switching between quest files without closing ZC; specifically ones with different tilesets. For example, if you open up Classic after Pure, Classic may generate a lot of garbage combos.

EDIT: But yeah, garbage combos should show up as whatever the c-set's background color is. Has anyone noticed that sometimes garbage combos can create corresponding garbage tiles?

Thread Information