Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    67.38%

Advanced Puzzles for the beginner ZQuest User

Okay, so I'm starting to tamper and mess around with ZQuest v2.10, and so far I've been able to make 3 nice little dungeons, a sub-dungeon, and a good chunk of overworld.

I've gotten to know the basics and "how-to's", so I wanted to step things up slightly. Specifically, I wanted to know how, or mainly IF, it is possible to do something such as the following example:

Let's say in one room you need to do three separate things to make three tiles that lead to the other doorway appear. Those three things would be to use Din's Fire on an object, push a block onto a switch, and defeat a somewhat out-of-reach enemy (say, using the Fire Boomerang). Each time one of these is accomplished, a tile would appear, and once all three appear, you can move on to the door and into the next room.

Is something like this possible to do? If so, I'd like to know how, since I plan on making a dungeon that really will make your mind numb.

Thanks to anyone in advance.

-Twi
    Many games have a story, but only one story is a legend.

perry
    yeah it preety much impossible unless u script it which i am not skilled at so dont ask

Octorok
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    25.31%
    Try, tiered secrets? I'm probably don't know what I'm talking about, so you probably shouldn't listen to me, lol.

In the secret combos, make the first two what the ground normally looks like before the tiles appear, and make the third one be the tile that appears. Then make the flags on the first two secret combos point to the next combo (the first is flagged with the second and the second is flagged with the third). Then put the third secret combo's flag on the screen where the first tile should appear, the second where the second tile could appear, and the put first secret combo flag down where the third tile should appear.

You'll need all three of those triggers you mentioned to be rigged to trigger secrets when those events occur. You also can't make all of this permanent so that the tiles remain on-screen, since only the first activation of the secrets is remembered, so make sure that the secrets on that screen are always temporary.

Lynel
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    15.67%
    ^ Can work but has limitations. If you want to be ghetto, you could just use a single-combo secret combo and stack 3 of them by the door so you can't get past without activating all 3 of them. And use invis and such to your advantage if you do not want to make it obvious that the door has 3 triggers. If you want to do a fool proof method with mostly no limitations, scripting would be the obvious choice. But with a little creativity, you will never need to script.

Thread Information