0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    39.36%
    Stuck in level 5, can't find the first key ._.

EDIT: Of course I figure it out as I ask, as usual <_<

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    41.98%
    Heh. If you need any more help, please feel free to ask!
    My quests:
    End of Time - First quest, uses classic graphics (Help/discussion thread)
    Link to the Heavens - Second quest, uses Pure tileset (YouTube LP | Help/discussion thread)
    End of Time DX - Remake of my first quest (YouTube LP | Help/discussion thread)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    37.76%
    Quote Originally Posted by Pineconn View Post
    And I should say that there is a NEW VERSION of EoT DX! It fixes quite a few things I've overlooked. Download it, or may your favorite sports team be as unsuccessful as the Pittsburgh Pirates!
    This probably renders my Level D walkthrough useless, yes? :)

Cyclone
    -----
    "This generation will run the country someday, unfortunately. Maybe we will get lucky and they will all stay bums." - Starkist
    -----
    Meh... sleep is for the weak. [goes back to sleep] - inori :rofl:
    -----
    You have a lot of people quoted in your sig. But not me. Thank you. - Tygore
    -----
    I got a brother who knows about this place... he can pass on the message if something ever happened to me. Then you'll all know when to rejoice. - Daarkseid

Gel
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    92.62%
    I'm stuck in level 5. I haven't found the hammer yet and I've got 1 spare key. This is as far as I get: Attachment 83
    I have to admit that I'm using a 2.5 beta (1318) because on my Win7 x64, 2.10 won't even start (tried all different compatibility modes/admin etc. - no success, the best I get is a flickering screen with just the Windows background. I guess it's because my monitor/graphics card doesn't support the ultra low-res 320x240 mode, at least 2.5 lets me choose 800x600).
    I've used the lens in every room but didn't find anything like fake or bombable walls. So if it's a 2.5 bug and I should've seen something, then nevermind, I'll have to live with it (I don't have an older PC/monitor just for using 2.10).

EDIT: Typically, just a few minutes after writing this I found the hammer...

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    19.12%
    2.10 does let you play at 640x480, open the config file for it and set sbig=1 as well as the resolution to 640x480
    Computer specifications:
    Windows 10 Pro x64 | Intel Core i7 @ 2.66GHZ | Asus P6T Motherboard | 6GB DDR3 RAM | Integrated Sound | Nvidia Geforce 560 Ti 2048MB PCI-E | Corsair AX760 Power Supply | Thermaltake Armor+ MX case

Gel
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    92.62%
    Ah, thanks for the info, I've got it finally working! (Though I had to start it first on Virtual PC Win 98 just so it wrote a config file and I could find out that the variables in question are "resx" and "resy" ) But I've gotten too far in this quest to replay the whole game, so it'll be useful next time a quest requires 2.10.
    I'm stuck in level 8 now, missing a key in B3 (see picture: Attachment 84). According to my map, I've visited each and every room in B1 and B2, and I even revisited them and killed all enemies in every room and used the lens of truth a lot, but still I can't find that one. In B3 I got 2 keys from after beating 3 dodongos and in a room with some blue wizzrobes and a wand-switch, but apparently that wasn't enough. The only room that's suspicious to me is that one here: Attachment 85 I don't really know what to do there. Even after killing all the enemies, no block can be moved.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    41.98%
    I bet that you're missing the key in the room below the one in the first picture. You have to push one of the blocks on the right side of the room to discover a stairway.
    My quests:
    Link to the Heavens - Second quest, uses Pure tileset (YouTube LP | Help/discussion thread)

Gel
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    92.62%
    Yeah, of course it was that one... Heh, cleverly hidden, I wouldn't have found it in 100 years.
    I finished your quest now (18 deaths and 12:45) and really liked it a lot, maybe even more than your other one (LttH), anyway those two are the best ones I've played so far. Nice dungeons and overworld, puzzles were not too easy and not too hard and no unnecessary, "empty" overworld screens (Extra credit for not overusing those annoying white wizzrobes towards the end of long dungeons!) I think I'll 5 it on the main page.

I found all the heart containers and I think all the magic upgrades (found another one after posting the screens above), but I didn't find any bomb upgrade (are they really hidden that well or could it be a 2.5 issue?) and also didn't find the 3rd magic spell. Was there a golden mail in this version too? Because it's mentioned in the other End of Time thread. If yes then I didn't find that either.

Just some small points I was not too happy about:
    - Random teleportation, which could become quite tedious if you had to blow the whistle like 15 times to be warped to the right tree (maybe 2.5 issue?). I found the solution you used in LttH much better.
    - While I'm not against block puzzles and not even against many of them, I think it should be enough if you had to do them only once and the door would stay open for good then. Especially in level 8, where I was on key searching expedition, I had to do that same tedious puzzle with the two blocks which you have to move over a large pit maybe 10 times, where it got a little boring.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    41.98%
    I think there were two bomb upgrades, both in the Quartz Mountains — each you have to bomb something (a mountain wall and a rock, I believe) to get. Go back to the Quartz Mountains (the part that you used the flippers to access) and enter the cave that had a chest blocked off by a single retractable obstacle. The obstacle should now be down, so you can get the item in the chest — Nayru's Love. No gold mail.

There's not much I could do about your two problems. The first I could have remedied by doing it like LttH, but I decided to keep it like it was in the original EoT. By general rule, you can cycle among whistle warp locations in INCREASING order (1 -> 2 -> 3, etc) if you face to the right when blowing the whistle. You cycle among whistle warp lcations in DECREASING order (8 -> 7 -> 6, etc) if you face to the left.

When it comes to block puzzles, again, it was a poor design choice that was in the original EoT, so I kept them in EoT DX. (I also did this in LttH, unfortunately.) There is no conventional method of keeping the door open after completing block puzzles in 2.10. If I were to make a 3rd original quest, I'd be sure to make better design choices.

Thanks for enjoying EoT DX!
    My quests:

mesiah21
    Okay got a question. Seeing no one else is having trouble with this one. I must be missing something obvious here. In level 3. I have been in most rooms. I have gotten the treasure for the level yet. I am guessing it is the hookshot. I have almost been in all the rooms. I am have just got a key near where the boss room is. I have no idea where to use that key. There is one room I can't seem to get through. That is where I am thinking I need the hookshot, yet I don't know where it is and what I am missing. Any help would be appreciated...

Thread Information