User Tag List

Thread: Prepare Yourself - Old-Skool Quest Help!

Keese
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    45.64%

Prepare Yourself - Old-Skool Quest Help!

In Jade Woods, I'm in the lost area. I paid the woman below this screen for advice. She says head to the hills and follow the sunset twice but go east first. Doesn't this mean go up to the hills, then go right, then left twice? Maybe I'm just really zoned out. Anyone have any advice?

Steve

Keese
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    45.64%
    Naturally I figured this out a little later after posting this and was able to eventually beat the quest. With the help of the lens I finally located the free ladder. Can anyone help me on how to deal with the "lost hills/mountains" in the upper right corner? I'm ready to give this quest another run but would like a little help or a hint on this please, thanks!

The Artist Once Known As Old-Skool QDB Manager
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    33.54%
    way to go, Axmkap. I'm not really sure anymore on the direction to go, myself, but you might not need it: after all, the quest is designed so you can choose how long your quest will be. The only dungeon you have to go out of your way for is the second.

Here's a handy list of dungeons in numerical order, with a hint on their location.

-Level 1: The Whistle. Fairly easy to find if you look around in the field east of the little podunk town.

-Level 2: The Bow. classic exploration in the jade woods will help you out here. Just figure out the forest maze.

-Level 3: The Blue Ring. This dungeon is in kind of a funny spot in the overworld (geographically speaking). You can see the general area from a bridge in Podunk.

-Level 4: The Candle. This dungeon is not accessed from the overworld map.

-Level 5: The Magical Sword. Originally someone was gonna sell you an overworld compass to point to it, cause this one is pretty much in a pretty random spot (though once you know where... yeah.) well, ZC doesn't play quite that way, so they tell you the coordinates instead, for a very high price. The person isn't too hard to find.

-Level 6: The Magic Wand. This I think was one of my primary inspirations in making the quest: Run in and make a mad dash for the magic wand, amidst Wizzrobes. You can go pretty much anywhere in the quest at any point, and dungeons like this were why I wanted players to have that freedom. The Wizzrobes themselves are just a blatant euphemism for the Ku Klux Klan, if you catch on to it. Find where they hang out, you can find the dungeon nearby.

-Level 7: The Hammer. This sucker is at the ends of the earth, in the most depressing and miserable landscapes. You must press forward and learn the correct path on the hills. That's the easy part: You'll get the hammer as soon as you enter: Now you just have to find a way out!!

-Level 8: The Red Ring. Level 8 can be accessed as soon as you have a raft (unless there's a gap in some certain docks...)

Remember, in the dungeons, USE YOUR COMPASS. It serves a much more important purpose than finding silly triangles.

Thread Information