Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    25.96%

ZScript Pad

ZScript Pad (or ZSPad/ZSP for short) is a program made by myself to create a somewhat competent ZScript Editor for the ZC community. While it is still in its basic form at the moment, I do hope to extend the project to eventually have the functionality of advanced IDEs for languages such as C++, Java, etc.

Features
    • Code highlighting for ZScript - That's right, this should automatically colorcode variables, comments, numbers, and anything else for scripts.
    • Autotabbing - If you hit enter, the program will automatically tab over the proper amount of times to become even with the former line.
    • Line Numbers - ZSP will show the line numbers of the viewable lines.
    • * Auto-Reload - When you startup ZSP, it will automatically reload the last opened file.

* Auto-Reload is not enabled by default.

Potential Future Features
    • Tab functionality - Basically, you can have more than one ZScript file loaded at a time.
    • Projects - This will allow you to group related ZScript files into a project and open them at the same time.
    • Color Changing - You will be able to specify what colors you want for the different types of text.
    • "IntelliSense"-type Autocomplete - If you have it enabled, this will essentially popup a little autocomplete box whenever you type in -> that will have a list of variables and functions for that type.

Downloads
    I intentionally picked a C++ library that would allow me to port ZSP over to multiple OSs, and I have achieved that. ZSP is available for Windows, Linux*, and Mac OSX**.

ZSP Version 1.0
    Windows (4.1mb)
    Linux* (5.7mb)
    Mac OSX** (13.3mb)

* The Linux build was tested in Ubuntu GNOME and Fedora KDE. I'm not sure what the requirements are for the Linux build, unfortunately.
    ** The Mac OSX build was tested in Leopard (10.5) and Snow Leopard (10.6). I believe that it should work in Tiger (10.4), but I can't make any guarantees.

If you have any comments, problems, suggestions, or complaints, please list them here. :)
    LinktheMaster: Owner / former administrator of PureZC, a ZC fan site with resources and tutorials.
    Fairy Dream: A joint quest between Nick and myself. Check it out!
    Zelda Classic Manager: A Zelda Classic launcher and organizer.

Developer
    ZC Developer

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    38.1%
    This is pretty good!

What you should definitely add first is Find, Replace and Goto Line. I find these are among the most useful features in code editors.

Thread Information