User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Help! I'm running Windows Vista/7 and Zelda Classic is crashing!

Coyotek4
    Quote Originally Posted by elise View Post
    did you try to open it using the zclauncher as an admin
    The version I downloaded (2.10) didn't have a Launcher, but I did try to open the other stuff as an admin (to no avail).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    78.2%
    you can download the zc launcher separately and put it in the same folder as your zelda 2.10 and then open it with the launcher as an admin

Coyotek4
    Quote Originally Posted by elise View Post
    you can download the zc launcher separately and put it in the same folder as your zelda 2.10 and then open it with the launcher as an admin
    Where do I find the Launcher?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    78.2%

Coyotek4
    The Launcher works! Thx!

But ...

1) How do I save a game? when I left the game and came back later, all data was gone. (I tried using the 'Save' option, but it did no good once I left the application.)

2) ZQuest doesn't work.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    19.05%
    You need read/write permission for Zelda Classic to save. You are best off installing the game somewhere outside of Program Files for Vista/7.
    Computer specifications:
    Windows 10 Pro x64 | Intel Core i7 @ 2.66GHZ | Asus P6T Motherboard | 6GB DDR3 RAM | Integrated Sound | Nvidia Geforce 560 Ti 2048MB PCI-E | Corsair AX760 Power Supply | Thermaltake Armor+ MX case

Coyotek4
    Quote Originally Posted by franpa View Post
    You need read/write permission for Zelda Classic to save. You are best off installing the game somewhere outside of Program Files for Vista/7.
    I currently have the Zelda stuff in a folder on my desktop. I don't think it's in the Program Files section. How do I grant permission? (I don't remember having to jump through all these hoops before; is this because of Vista?)

Gel
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    17.81%
    I have tried every solution I could find in the forums here and on purezc, and I just cannot get it to work on Windows 7, even using the Launcher. What I get is a "window frame" that says Zelda-w at the top, and in the middle there's nothing - I can see whatever is open underneath it. I hear the flames, and if I hit "enter," it seems to move to the next screen, but I can't see anything. It's driving me insane, and I would be so grateful if someone could help me!

(Have tried Run as Administrator, Run in 256 colors, Run in 640 x 480, Disable desktop composition, and zLauncher with and without Full Screen, Vsync and 640x480 checked.)

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    19.05%
    Disable all the compatibility stuff and run the game, now try dragging the window around, does the screen now appear?
    Computer specifications:
    Windows 10 Pro x64 | Intel Core i7 @ 2.66GHZ | Asus P6T Motherboard | 6GB DDR3 RAM | Integrated Sound | Nvidia Geforce 560 Ti 2048MB PCI-E | Corsair AX760 Power Supply | Thermaltake Armor+ MX case

Gel
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    17.81%
    Yep, the screen appeared, but each time I hit a key to do something I have to move the window around again for the view to update. Oh, and it doesn't work at all for the Lost Isle build.

Thread Information