0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    10.54%
    What I'd be more interested in, and which I will be scripting shortly, are those arrow deflectors from ST. The ones where you can hit them with the sword to change their direction, and when an arrow hits them, they shoot it straight forward.
    Tale of the Cave - a web comic - Updates Monday, Wednesday, Friday
    ZC Tutorials - Tutorials and Script Library - Updated July 30, 2008
    ZeldaGuard - Corruption in my save files? It's more likely than you think!
    I do script requests!

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    75.62%
    Two things I would really want is this:

1. In Large Mode, I want there to be a way in toggling the combo selector on the right. There are three of them, and because their are three of them, it is really hard to see, even in full screen. I am always trying to grab the correct tile but I can never see it as it is too small. So my suggestion is a button that toggles the combo selector to show: 1 combo selector, or 2 combo selectors, or 3 combo selectors. As it is set to 3 right now, it would be cool to toggle between them so that if selected 1 combo selector to be shown, then it would just show the one, and it will bigger, so I can see the tiles (so it will look like small mode of how big it is). That is the one of the only reasons I like small mode more is because of how small it is to see those tiles I am choosing (especially if I have a lot of tiles that look the same. If this was implemented, it would be gold.

2. Have a screen data spot that is called Link's position. In every screen when this is set to 0 (as deflaut), it will just have Link's original position in the dmap, however, when you put in the screen number, it will place Link's cursor in the place you told it to. So that when doing cutscenes, you don't see his cursor jumping around. Just set it to example: Screen number 09. It will place the Link cursor in Screen number 9. And it will make it look like Link never moved. Which would be great.

Developer
    ZC Developer

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    37.69%
    Quote Originally Posted by Shoelace View Post
    2. Have a screen data spot that is called Link's position. In every screen when this is set to 0 (as deflaut), it will just have Link's original position in the dmap, however, when you put in the screen number, it will place Link's cursor in the place you told it to. So that when doing cutscenes, you don't see his cursor jumping around. Just set it to example: Screen number 09. It will place the Link cursor in Screen number 9. And it will make it look like Link never moved. Which would be great.
    It's for something approaching this reason that I added the "Don't Show Link Marker in Minimap" screen flag, which is sort-of sufficient for this concern. (Personally, I think cutscenes should use the "No Subscreen" and "But Don't Offset Screen" flags, but that's more a preference than anything.)

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    75.62%
    True, but on the other hand I do a lot of tile warps in my game that make it look like you are in the same screen when really you are not (in gameplay, not cutscenes). It is done a lot on HoD. I just noted it because I was just watching a playthrough on my game on youtube, and Sillycat commented on how often the cursor had jumped in a screen he walked through. XD

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    47.07%
    Can we open up C-Set 12, 13, and 14 for general use? The only thing that is preventing this from happening is that ZQuest uses 12, 13, and 14 for the interface palette, and that special sprite palettes utilize C-set 14.(but only 14?) Currently its possible to use 12, 13, and 14, but you would have to remember which colors are where, since the interface palette used in those slots, but c'mon, can you at least remove the need for that while in tile editor mode?

How about having the 12(or 15) C-Sets change per level, as well? I mean I like static palettes as much as the next guy, but I also like to utilize as much as possible at any given moment. This would also remove the need for boss palettes, I would imagine.
    Keeping something big a secret, in case it doesn't work out I can understand.
    But he deliberatly drops little hints just to drive us mad.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    94.29%
    I've said this before, but that was before the forum was hacked, so it's been lost...

I'd like to see a shovel item. This would entail several things:
    * A new item type, Shovels.
    * A new combo type, Dig->Next. This is because it's important to be able to dig on more than one type of combo per screen. A simple Dig flag wouldn't work, although a set of possibly 4 distinct dig flags might work just as well.
    * Link may need a new 'digging' animation.
    * Item Drop set: could use Tall Grass or have a new, dig-only set.

Possible tweakable properties of the Shovel:
    * Does it work only when facing left/right? Or left/right/up/down?
    * How fast (slow actually) is it to dig?
    * What sound effect plays when you dig?
    * Can it be used as a weapon (albeit a slow one)? (And yes, I know that is unprecedented, but no reason it can't be).

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    52.65%
    Along with the room type editor I suggested for after 2.5, perhaps there should also be an item class editor, in which the names of the item classes could be changed, but the hard part would be implementing the ability to change the functions of the item classes. In addition, the tricky part of making a room type editor would be implementing different features for different room type categories. And one more thing, perhaps a counter editor, which could be used to make counters for things other than rupees, hearts, bombs, arrows, keys, magic, and super bombs.

Gibdo
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    36.5%
    What I would think it would be nice is to have a visual absolute tile/side warp destination spot like you know in RPG makers that when you set a player transfer, you can see the actual map and pick a destination spot and you're there.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    41.94%
    All I could ask for are two common Zelda functions (which wouldn't be too hard to implement now, but a feature freeze is a feature freeze).

1. Correct item flicker. In all games since LttP, dropped hearts/Rupees/etc appear immediately, then flicker right before they disappear.
    2. Maintaining HP when you continue. Instead of setting a continuing HP (all hearts, percentage of hearts, etc.), make an option that, when you save and continue, you maintain the same HP as before.

I haven't checked new betas for awhile, so if any of these are already implemented, sue me. :p
    My quests:
    End of Time - First quest, uses classic graphics (Help/discussion thread)
    Link to the Heavens - Second quest, uses Pure tileset (YouTube LP | Help/discussion thread)
    End of Time DX - Remake of my first quest (YouTube LP | Help/discussion thread)

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    52.65%
    Quote Originally Posted by Pineconn View Post
    All I could ask for are two common Zelda functions (which wouldn't be too hard to implement now, but a feature freeze is a feature freeze).

1. Correct item flicker. In all games since LttP, dropped hearts/Rupees/etc appear immediately, then flicker right before they disappear.
    That's not a bad idea.

2. Maintaining HP when you continue. Instead of setting a continuing HP (all hearts, percentage of hearts, etc.), make an option that, when you save and continue, you maintain the same HP as before.

I haven't checked new betas for awhile, so if any of these are already implemented, sue me. :p
    I think that's what the save points are for.

Thread Information