6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    52.65%
    Speaking of post 2.5 ideas, if there's going to be a combo type editor and a flag type editor after 2.5, then perhaps there should be a room type editor.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    25.71%
    How about an new item called...... THE AXE!!

I know it's not really a Zelda item, but I know I haven't ever seen the Stomp Boots before either. Basically there would be a new combo type that would be called 'Tree' or 'Breakable Tree' or something like that. Sort of like the hammer, except it is stronger, slower, and in ZC purely for story and difficulty. You like?
    Don't bother me.

StarFalco :)

Sig. Changed .05 Times. This sig. will self destruct when it reaches 1.00

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    33.91%
    couldn't you just edit the hammer to be stronger and just make the tree be a pound block with the stump combo following?

On top of the world ShadowTiger's Avatar
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    60.35%
    Achievements It's over 9000!
    I am constantly extraordinarily eager for even a single frame's worth of extra computational time between when Link has health greater than zero and when Link's health is zero or less. That would allow us to insert a script to use a captured fairy, or to allow for a condition "If Link Dies, do this." Right now, all it does is give you the Game Over screen with no chance for anything else.

Because right now, what if there was an attack that did more damage than Link has maximum health? We'd have no way to check to see if Link is below 3/4 of a heart to execute such a similar script.

I'd also love to get rid of the spinny spinny *pop* death somehow. :p

The Time-Loop Continues ZC Developer
    Mentioned
    259 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    26.2%
    Quote Originally Posted by ShadowTiger View Post
    I am constantly extraordinarily eager for even a single frame's worth of extra computational time between when Link has health greater than zero and when Link's health is zero or less.
    This I will look into. Thanks for reminding me. :)
    This post contains the official Gleeok seal of approval. Look for these and other posts in an area near you.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    25.71%
    Quote Originally Posted by sps999 View Post
    couldn't you just edit the hammer to be stronger and just make the tree be a pound block with the stump combo following?
    That's the thing, I wanted the hammer and axe to be separate items to increase difficulty. How? Instead of having the hammer smash all pound combos, you could have the player wait until they find the Axe to do certain puzzles or advance in the quest.

New Ideas:

I've been playing Spirit Tracks all day and I've come up with some new ideas:

Train/Mine Cart: This is more based off of the Oracle games than Spirit Tracks. There would be a cart/train on a set of tracks that could transport you to other parts of the dungeon. It would also feature a switch to change certain tiles to change the direction you would head. It would function exactly like in the Oracle games.

Indiana Jones Whip: Just like in Spirit Tracks

Whirlwind: From Spirit Tracks, I thought this item was actually a really good idea.

Non-Spirit Tracks Ideas:

Playable Music: The ability to set notes and warp locations, or functions for each song.

Deku Stick: As a crappy weapon, or to solve puzzles with FIRE!!!!

Deku Nut: Stun non-Boss enemies on screen for a few seconds.

"Door of Time": A rule that does not use Triforce Shards, but two separate item sets, the first to unlock something, such as the Door of Time in Ocarina of Time, and the rest as what Triforce Shards were used for.

Tunics: A rule that makes useable tunics, and that makes the Rings not change Link's color. That would allow you to change your tunic. For example:

-Kokiri/Green Tunic: No power, but resets attacks from enemies to normal levels.

-Goron/Red Tunic: Allows you to walk across "Fire" or "Lava" combos. Makes you extremely vulnerable to Ice Magic (This is in the making right?), triple the damage to falling in water without flippers, and double the damage to being attacked in water.

-Zora/Blue Tunic: Allows you to dive under water forever, and enter certain warps. Makes you extremely vulnerable to Fire/Lava, and health is drained in rooms marked "Volcano" (from OoT).

-Magic Armor: 1/2 Damage, 2X Attack, but quickly lowers remaining rupees.

Cool ideas right? :googly:

Edit: Why is this here --> -Zora/Bl
    Don't bother me.

&&
    ZC Developer
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    8.73%
    Not the most original.

broxen

Question svg graphics. possible?

How about a move towards SVG graphics and free-scale window sizes, ala Super Maryo Chronicles.

I dont know what kind of framework ZC is built upon currently, but a move in this direction would facilitate new graphic design.

Perhaps this is restricted by the tile-based rendering. -shrug-

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    19.08%
    Quote Originally Posted by FefeRawft View Post
    I've been playing Spirit Tracks all day and I've come up with some new ideas:

Train/Mine Cart: This is more based off of the Oracle games than Spirit Tracks. There would be a cart/train on a set of tracks that could transport you to other parts of the dungeon. It would also feature a switch to change certain tiles to change the direction you would head. It would function exactly like in the Oracle games.
    Essentially a raft you can attack from as it moves along it's route? (with changed graphics to look like a mine cart). Zelda Classic uses Allegro for it's engine.
    Computer specifications:
    Windows 10 Pro x64 | Intel Core i7 @ 2.66GHZ | Asus P6T Motherboard | 6GB DDR3 RAM | Integrated Sound | Nvidia Geforce 560 Ti 2048MB PCI-E | Corsair AX760 Power Supply | Thermaltake Armor+ MX case

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    25.71%
    I assume the switches could be created by linking combos together. Sorta like this, only constantly linked together. I guess the raft isn't essential as long as you put the flippers into the game.
    Don't bother me.

Thread Information